Talk

Advanced search

Best animal vacuum cleaner

(16 Posts)
MrsBertMacklin Mon 08-Dec-14 21:49:01

For cleaning up their hair, rather than the actual animal obviously.

Used to be able to vacuum once a week, now need to do it once a day and my 10 year old, unwieldy dyson is a faff.

Lots of good reviews about the Miele animal vac, is that the way to go? What's the rechargeable Dyson like?

Funkytown Mon 08-Dec-14 21:51:18

i have two dysons the small corded one and a cordless one
the corded one is rubbish
love my cordless one tho !! picked up all the hair i get great pleasure in removing the balls of hair from it
only problem is you charge it for around 3hours for 15 mins of vacuuming

MrsBertMacklin Mon 08-Dec-14 21:58:28

Thanks Funky, so looking at charging it for 21 hours each week if I want to use it! They need to improve on that with their next version, yes?

Gen35 Mon 08-Dec-14 22:01:24

I agree the charge time is a pain but I've a big hairy retriever and have to vacuum daily so the light cordless Dyson animal is the only thing I can lug around regualry that does the job - the canister could be bigger though, it gets blocked quite easily. Would still buy it again though.

Funkytown Mon 08-Dec-14 22:03:38

that and as gen35 said the canister needs to be bigger but then i suppose it would make it heavier, either way i still love it and i can do 2 medium rooms possibly 3 if needed with one charge

chemenger Tue 09-Dec-14 08:37:53

We have the Miele cat and dog cylinder and it is very good, very light to pull around and good with pet hair. I much prefer it to my old upright. It does have bags though so higher running costs than a bagless. Actual Miele bags are expensive, I use cheap ones from Amazon and they seem fine. I have also had to replace the head because the brush spinning mechanism wore out, but I think we have had the machine for about ten years without any other trouble so I think that is quite good going. My only gripe is that with three people in the house with long hair I spend a lot of time cutting out the hair that gets wound round the brush.

JanetWeb2812 Tue 09-Dec-14 12:21:14

Dysons are so much over-hyped plasticky rubbish. We've had a Miele Dog & Cat for fifteen years and buy replacement bags off Fleabay.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 09-Dec-14 18:00:41

Miele cat and dog.

VeganCow Wed 10-Dec-14 10:49:40

Sebo X4 is the best, I have had most types, Dyson, Henry etcand this is the one that dealt with x3 dogs and x3 cats hair, no going over and over the same spot, and bagged so no mess to empty.

isseywithcats Wed 10-Dec-14 23:56:15

i seem to be the only one who loves her dyson i have four regular cats random fosters at times a hound dog and a black rug in my lounge and my dyson picks up everything the animals moult all over the carpets

loraflora Fri 12-Dec-14 04:28:19

Dyson hater here. I have a cordless and it's forever getting blocked up and the running time after each charge is rubbish. I'm going to get something else soon and just keep it for stairs/car. If it breaks won't replace with another Dyson. Houseproud dad has gtech air ram which runs for longer after charging and seems to do a good job, but he has no pets so I can't compare.

KareninsGirl Fri 12-Dec-14 11:39:05

We have a Henry and it does a great job of picking up cat fur. We have cream carpets and one of our cats is a longhaired, black fluff ball.

only £99 as well - bargain!

loraflora Fri 12-Dec-14 18:41:50

I ordered a Henry today, KareninsGirl. I partly went for that brand because I'm cheapskate, but hope I like it as much.

mouses Sat 13-Dec-14 19:33:14

miele cat and dog. brilliant machine. opted for miele after witnessing mother woman going through loads of dysons growing up. or as she called them die-soons wink

loraflora Mon 15-Dec-14 14:02:26

Got the Henry today. On the bright side, carpets look cleaner overall, and it's a huge improvement on the hard floors in my house over the dyson, so yay. It's not ideal for pet hair though as the fine fluffy hair from cat got snowploughed into little lines. However that does suggest that the dyson wasn't picking them up either, just redistributing them with the rotating brush.

VeganCow Mon 15-Dec-14 18:32:06

loraflora, I bought a Henry a couple years ago from online Currys, sent it back next day because it did what you say, ie, did not deal with pet hair. Return it if you like, because it is obviously not fit for purpose.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now