Talk

Advanced search

Christmas gift ideas for Mr Cory?

(11 Posts)
Corygal Mon 08-Dec-14 14:39:49

I really want to gift the little lad a ring-tailed lemur as a friend but I can't afford it. So we're back to the catnip mouse, which I think is boring.

He does love catnip though. Feather on a stick went down well at first but now is dismissed as lame-o and out of fashion. Ditto scratching post.

Are there any other brilliant toys I should know about for his stocking?

Bluestocking Mon 08-Dec-14 14:44:31

My catty friends swear by the Kong Kickeroo!

givemushypeasachance Mon 08-Dec-14 14:45:16

Boinks! Great kitten stocking filler, also available in the pocket money section of Hawkins Bazaar. Or splash out on a Da Bird/Flying Frenzy toy.

RubbishMantra Mon 08-Dec-14 15:16:33

How about some actual catnip, or some cat grass (oats and barley) grown in a pot?

Or a beautiful hat?

chockbic Mon 08-Dec-14 15:17:35

grin

Mine likes a ping pong ball or scrunched up paper.

RubbishMantra Mon 08-Dec-14 16:16:21

Ooh, and yes, the Kong Kickeroo and Flying Frenzy are extremely popular in the Mantra household.

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 08-Dec-14 17:54:02

You could grow some catnip for him, come January you will be the best cat mommy EVER.

Other ideas are cat scratch pads made out of corrugated cardboard, they come with cat nip to sprinkle on.

Drinking straws always go down well here.

Chicken livers are loved by most cats, but only in moderation because of the vitamin A.

Milk bottle tops made out of foil used to make fab cat toys, you'd string them onto shoelaces and they'd chew them. Being young he won't remember them being popular in the eighties.

Corygal Tue 09-Dec-14 23:19:37

I've sent off for everything! Am partic looking forward to the catnip seeds which are packaged and advertised like pot.

Thanks so much everyone - Mr Cory is sitting waiting for his Xmas stocking, and in the meantime just broke into my handbag and inhaled a packet of Dreamies. He's pleased with himself.

TamzinGrey Wed 10-Dec-14 15:10:53

I'm sure Mr C would love one of These. I'd get one for Tamzincat, but sadly she's made it clear that at her grand old age she has nothing but contempt for kitty toys.

isseywithcats Wed 10-Dec-14 23:59:01

the jml cats meow thats being advertised at the moment looks good

RubbishMantra Thu 11-Dec-14 01:04:05

Oh man, I have to get the MantraKitties one of those Tamzin!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now