Talk

Advanced search

Would they eat us...

(11 Posts)
RubbishMantra Fri 05-Dec-14 18:14:47

When I hand-feed treats to my cats, they often have a bit of a nibble on my fingers. Sometimes MCat chews on displayed toes sticking out of the duvet, and not in a playful way, more purposeful.

Apparently, their ancestors, sabre-toothed cats fed on our primate ancestors.

So does anyone else have a vague suspicion that our cats would eat us if they could? grin

susiedaisy Fri 05-Dec-14 20:35:51

Yep I think they wouldhmm

thingamajig Fri 05-Dec-14 20:38:35

This sort of story turns up fairly often.

cozietoesie Fri 05-Dec-14 21:12:58

Unless I tasted of roast lamb, not a chance.

grin

Mine would probably eye my dead body thoughtfully for a while..(and pat it a bit) but if my corpse didn't get up and open the cat food tin.. yeah the'd tuck in grin

WellWhoKnew Fri 05-Dec-14 21:29:27

What do you mean 'would'...?

every morning, mine bites my head to get under the duvet. Sometimes she doesn't even give a pre-warning swat of my nose before tucking in.

Moln Fri 05-Dec-14 21:31:16

I'm going to go with a very positive yes for this one.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 05-Dec-14 22:03:41

He's practising on dh.

In all honesty, if the choice was your pet starving or munching on you, well, you'd rather they lived wouldn't you?.

RubbishMantra Sat 06-Dec-14 18:02:06

They could eat me with my blessing. Post death of course! smile

KittyandTeal Sat 06-Dec-14 18:12:13

My DH attended a sudden death who had been there a while. His cats had started eating him. Grim.

Anyway, anecdotal evidence says yep, they'd eat us.

MrsBertMacklin Sat 06-Dec-14 18:15:14

I'd be happy if mine showed any inclination to do so, as it would mean getting her off dry food hmm

Funnily I've just woken from a nap having a lucid dream that I had to box a human sized cat and it won.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now