Talk

Advanced search

is it possible to SWMNBN the cat?

(7 Posts)
juneybean Thu 04-Dec-14 01:59:14

Cat has decided right now is breakfast time, there was no ignoring him he was punching me in the face! Wondering whether to dig out the contented baby book out....

cozietoesie Thu 04-Dec-14 07:00:58

Stay strong! (But what is his normal feedong routine? Some of them like a lateish supper as part of their daily schedule.)

AngelCauliflower Thu 04-Dec-14 07:23:40

My cat wants breakfast at 4am. I have been getting up to feed her then going back to bed. If I don't she keeps us all awake making as much noise as she can. I have ordered one of those automatic feeders and will set it to open at 4am. Hopefully that will resolve the problem.

I had been woken a few times at 1am or 2am. She has stopped doing that since I feed her more throughout the day with a small meal before she goes to bed. She is going to her bed quite early in the evening. I probably need to keep her awake longer.

It is so tiring being woken up during the night.

juneybean Thu 04-Dec-14 09:38:22

He doesn't really have a routine, he's fed on demand but there was food in his dish at suppertime (and still there at 2am so I ended up putting fresh down)

Oh I always forget to use the automatic feeder I bought one when I was doing overnights at work - but if he sees me on bed I suspect he won't think to go down and check - lazy boy like his mum ...

cozietoesie Thu 04-Dec-14 10:28:43

Ah - he's doing the on demand as an attention-getter then - don't give in to that.

I'd actually start a routine for him. (They like routine even though the first few days may be .....uncomfortable.)

Decide what he's to have in terms of his quantity and how often it's practical to give it to him. Many cats like to be fed just a couple of times a day but some cats like smaller but more often. (My own Seniorboy is pretty old and an indoor cat so he has four and a half wet-food feeding times a day which I can manage because I work from home.)

How old is he? If he's very young, he might prefer to have small but often at the moment and change later on: it's not always easy for a little stomach to keep going for all of the evening and night-time also.

juneybean Thu 04-Dec-14 10:55:13

He's 11 years old but we just moved out of the family home 8 weeks ago so we are still developing as adults wink

cozietoesie Thu 04-Dec-14 12:04:08

Hah! grin

He's trying it on then - likely because it's a new house and...what the heck!

Set your routine (or go back to his former one as best you can) and stick to it - he might be a bit grumpy for a day or two but he'll give in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now