Talk

Advanced search

How much does it cost you to feed 2 cats for a week?

(7 Posts)
isitsnowingyet Tue 25-Nov-14 20:51:08

Just that really. We have a male (who seems to eat loads) and a female, perhaps not so much. Buying 6 tins + 800g dried per week and that doesn't seem to last.

<looking at our dog carefully who does tend to snack sometimes - on cat food!>

ANy ideas for the best and cheapest catfood that will actually last?? Ta

zooplus.co.uk
(I'm not on commission, honest grin)
Higher quality cat food (much better meat content than supermarket stuff) and bought in bulk. I use animonda Carny but there are many others to choose from.. delivery in in a couple of days. I find they eat well, don't just lick the jelly off and because it is higher in meat content they are satisfied for longer. I also use dry (Royal Canin) for free access eating.

I have three cats, (two Maine Coon youngsters and greedy!) and have found it much cheaper to order from them, than buy in the supermarkets.

shaska Tue 25-Nov-14 22:38:30

Depends what brand you're feeding of course.

Ours (2 x smallish indoor females) get a bit of a handwoven quinoa style diet but they seem quite happy with it and don't always finish their meals, and it makes me happy to feel that they're getting decent grub:

20g applaws dry each a day, so a 2kg pack (£11.99 on Zooplus) works out £1.67 a week.

plus

1/2 each 200g tin of grau grain free (£24.90 for 24, zooplus) so £7.28 a week. We should really buy big tins which would be cheaper though.

Let's add 25p as dreamies tax.

£9.20 a week. Cheap at the price, they're better than telly.

isitsnowingyet Wed 26-Nov-14 08:58:36

Thanks for the heads up. Will have a look at Zooplus!

hiddenhome Thu 27-Nov-14 18:13:08

With cat litter, just over £10 a week for two.

They're on Gourmet Pearle and Iams dried food. Dreamies are extra though.

I now have three cats and am spending just over £15 per week.

isseywithcats Fri 28-Nov-14 20:37:06

i have four cats so double the cost and mine cost me 7 tins of food a week butchers classic so around £3 and a bag of harringtons chicken and rice biscuits a week so £5 so two cats four pounds a week to feed

Ladyboluna Mon 01-Dec-14 12:22:08

Buy it from zooplus (google it) it's a really good bulk-buy website for cat and dog supplies.

This month from that site I got 40kg of cat litter for £20 which is flushable, and I got 4kg of high-quality James Wellbeloved housecat also for £20. The litter lasts 2 cats about 3-4 months and the food about the same. I free feed and then they share a pouch in the morning and again in the evening.

I found that they are more of the cheaper supermarket brands before they got full as they tend to contain a lot of "filler" without substance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now