Talk

Advanced search

Supreme Cat Show, Birmingham NEC, Sat 22nd Nov.

(12 Posts)
ClaudiaNaughton Fri 21-Nov-14 12:33:14

Making the long trek with daughter to see this for first time on Saturday. Any tips?

cozietoesie Fri 21-Nov-14 12:42:52

Last time I went to a cat show, I came home with a young 'neutered tom'. (A tortie - I was very young. grin) That was the famous Cheekie.

Keep a very close eye on your daughter.

chockbic Fri 21-Nov-14 14:27:33

Try to ensure you don't pick one with a Birmingham accent wink

Have fun, sounds great.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 21-Nov-14 16:11:39

Leave credit cards at home & take cash for snacks. Is it at the nec?.

My dad still gets pointed looks off mum about a kitten he refused to buy there nearly 30 years ago. He capitulated a week later but they'd sold the kitten to someone by then. The women in our family can hold onto resentment for decades.

Last time we went to a show dh fell in love with a snow bengal who snuck his paw though the cage and patted him. It was love at first sight for dh, the cat was probably thinking "sucker! I can manipulate you with the power of paws".

msrisotto Fri 21-Nov-14 17:25:20

Ooh I've never been, might go have a google.

The only advice I have is that if you're driving - park at the train station - you can walk across to the NEC inside when it's likely to be raining, you won't be amongst hoards of people and it's cheaper to park there.

msrisotto Fri 21-Nov-14 17:28:44

Aww I wanna go!

RubbishMantra Fri 21-Nov-14 20:04:22

Me too! I want a cat to give me paw-pats, therefore decreeing that I must take him home!

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 23-Nov-14 21:22:06

Did you enjoy it?. I bet you got handed a business card every time you stood still.

pinkyredrose Sun 23-Nov-14 21:34:48

How was it OP? I've never been to a cat show, would love to, I know I'd want to bring them all home with me though grin

Spickle Mon 24-Nov-14 07:49:07

I went. Over 800 cats of varying sizes and breeds - wonderful. The main surprise for me was stroking a sphinx cat. I've never been very keen on them but they actually feel very soft and warm. The main coons were magnificent (DP wants one), but I prefer the smaller, fluffy ragdolls. Lots of posh cages, imagine silky pillows and curtains and looking like a boudoir! Though a lot of the cats were actually sleeping in their litter trays!

msrisotto Mon 24-Nov-14 07:57:39

"Though a lot of the cats were actually sleeping in their litter trays!"

Oh that's a bad sign. They were hating the experience then.

ClaudiaNaughton Mon 24-Nov-14 07:58:20

It was great! My first cat show too. Lots of amazing cats all carefully guarded by their owners so no chance of kidnapping. The pens were decorated with the theme of Winter Wonderland with prizes for the best ones. But...the top cat of all was the most perfect one waiting for me at home. (And now enjoying her new fluffy mats).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now