Talk

Advanced search

Blood in kitten's poo

(9 Posts)
Canshopwillshop Thu 20-Nov-14 09:32:44

I have a 6 month old kitten. Her poos have always been very smelly and she passes wind a lot! She has just used the litter tray and when I went to clean it I found a smelly poo with streaks of blood in it. Her poos are always on the sloppy side too - not diarroeah but not exactly firm either. She is on Royal Canin Sensitive mixed with Royal Canin Kitten.

I am planning to get a sample from her next time she goes and then make an appointment at the vet but in the meantime would appreciate any advice or experience?

isseywithcats Thu 20-Nov-14 09:47:18

when was she wormed last as this can cause slight blood in their poo and some cats do sloppy poos one of mine has always done so and shes 9 now

Canshopwillshop Thu 20-Nov-14 10:00:52

Issey - she was fully wormed when we got her from the breeder at 12 weeks old. Will she be due again already? Need to dig out her paperwork and check.

Costacoffeeplease Thu 20-Nov-14 10:09:07

Yes, she definitely needs worming again

Canshopwillshop Thu 20-Nov-14 10:42:01

Thanks Costa. Just spoke to the breeder and she has recommended worming her again with Panacur paste. Just ordered some.

isseywithcats Thu 20-Nov-14 13:12:40

yes every three months for worming is reccomended and monthly for defleaing

cozietoesie Thu 20-Nov-14 14:14:12

Unless that clears up her issues completely, I'd still be making a vet's appointment, having a word with the practice first to check what they might need in terms of stool samples etc. I'm assuming that she came from a multi-cat household (?) and if she's always had some interestinal issues, it might be as well to ensure that she's clear of some of the issues that a few younger cats in particular can be subject to.

cozietoesie Thu 20-Nov-14 14:15:11

*intestinal

Canshopwillshop Thu 20-Nov-14 14:16:36

Cozietoesie - thanks, I will do that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now