Talk

Advanced search

Why is it?

(14 Posts)
chockbic Wed 19-Nov-14 16:37:21

Take your kitten or cat to the vets and they are perfectly behaved?

Oh isn't he lovely, such a nice character. Yes, follow us home and see...

Not that I don't love him, of course. The kitten, not the vet.

isseywithcats Fri 21-Nov-14 11:20:11

lol yep the asbo cats turn into perfect citizens at the vets usually unless they are feral foster kittens in for their neuter my horrid three went wild at the vets last week scratched the vets, ed them a merry dance trying to retreive them when they scattered to the corners of the room, attacked each other after the ops but i did try to warn them in advance these were not fluffy naice kittens, but at home they behave themselves even though they are not pick up and cuddle kits

givemushypeasachance Fri 21-Nov-14 11:56:08

I've got the reverse! When I last took Monty to the vet, they were prepared that he doesn't like being touched by anyone other than me and is quite timid, so an assistant came to help armed with gauntlets. Those weren't much use when he darted for freedom once the top half of his box came off, then squirmed his way under the storage unit. It took a good ten minutes of cajoling, poking, attempted grabs and a whole lot of hissing before he had to be pushed out from under there with a window pole. hmm Even when I grabbed him with bare hands during one of the times he came within reach, he still wasn't biting or scratching though - quite restrained really! They ended up giving him his antibiotics shut in a crush-cage, the poor lamb.

Two minutes after he was released back when we got back home, he was rubbing around my ankle for chin-strokes...

chockbic Fri 21-Nov-14 14:31:03

Ah see, that's how it works. The rebel cats make vets believe they are all like that. So when they get a calm(er) one, it surprises and delights them.

My first cat hated taking tablets. She did scratch the vet a couple of times. More feisty, that one.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 21-Nov-14 16:14:12

We had a tiny female who bit the vet every visit without fail including her pts appointment.

Matter of honour'n'shit isn't it?.

chockbic Fri 21-Nov-14 16:47:12

Those vets do need putting in their place, I suppose.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 21-Nov-14 16:58:41

Yep, pretending to help cats.

All our vets are scared of my cat but it was the Persians who'd have your throat out while looking gorgeous in a Liberace sort of way.

RubbishMantra Fri 21-Nov-14 16:59:26

My bitey MCat goes like a submissive, floppy, boneless thing. I literally have to hold him up to be examined, poor lamb. He gets so scared, clouds of his hair fall out.

At home though, he's his usual sinister self. He scares people just by sitting next to them. If he sits on your lap, you must remain motionless. Otherwise you get bitten. Hard enough to draw blood.

FrankSpencer Fri 21-Nov-14 17:01:49

grin Mantra!

FrankSpencer Fri 21-Nov-14 17:02:19

What happens when one needs the toilet?!

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 21-Nov-14 17:07:56

Like the cat cares you need to wee!.

Hassled Fri 21-Nov-14 17:12:02

It depends on the vet. I have the most gentle, sweet, thick old boy cat you could imagine - but he was a right little uncooperative bugger for one particular vet. Usually good as gold - it was bizarre.

RubbishMantra Fri 21-Nov-14 17:35:43

Haha, cat's definitely don't care if you need to wee. But if they needed to, they'd just piss all over the examining table! grin

ShakeYourTailFeathers Fri 21-Nov-14 19:12:09

Fat cat hunkers down, goes very, very still...and growls her head off.

Little cat's only been once, and he ran round and round and round the examining table, cannoning off the units...vet said 'is he always like this?' grin

yep. pretty much grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now