Talk

Advanced search

My cat goes for an X-ray this week and I'm scared

(5 Posts)
itispronouncedpenguin Tue 18-Nov-14 22:44:56

Beautiful DCat has had a limp for a few weeks, in her left front leg. I noticed when I realised she was struggling with stairs. Shes not that active, doesn't go out much so I don't know how she did it. She went on antibiotics for a week and seemed better but a few days later the limp started again.

Next step is an xray (on Thursday). She seems fine in herself and won't be contained in the house or from leaping off the bed etc. I'm just worried that something terrible is wrong or that she won't come round from the anaesthetic or something. She was a rescue cat we've had for 5 years and has been really healthy.

Cried myself to sleep last night (I know I'm soft) and really worried about her. She's my girl. Vet says it might be arthritis but we'll just have to see. Worried sad

thecatneuterer Wed 19-Nov-14 00:05:28

Oh dear. There is quite a lot they can do for arthritis. Let's hope it's nothing too serious. She's lucky to have such a caring slave owner.

cozietoesie Wed 19-Nov-14 07:40:19

Seniorboy has had arthritis for years and is managed pretty well - as TCN said, there's loads they can do these days and if she has it (How old is she?) then she stands an excellent chance of retaining really good quality of life. Well done your vet for being so proactive on it.

Here's something for you to read in the interim.

Best of luck to her and let us know how she gets on.

itispronouncedpenguin Wed 19-Nov-14 07:40:55

Thanks I do feel like a slave to her most of the time! grin

I know in the scheme of things its minor but I've never had to leave her before. She does seem quite bright today (typical).

cozietoesie Wed 19-Nov-14 07:44:45

Well cats are such masters at covering up discomfort that when they actually limp, you know they're pretty sore. At least you'll know what's up and appropriate treatment will be able to make a big difference to her life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now