Talk

Advanced search

Cat Flap - help!

(9 Posts)
FushandChups Tue 18-Nov-14 20:16:41

Was going to install a cat flap tonight and despite plumping for a non magnetic one for various reasons, the instructions imply it should have magnets..

There are none in the packaging and according to the product description, it doesn't have them but I obviously can't look to fit it if it should, iykwim hmm

Cat flap owners - do all flaps have a sort of magnetic seal to keep draughts out? Or have Argos sold me the wrong item - twice (as had to take the first one back as it had a tunnel I didn't bloody need.. and actually had magnets!)

Cannot describe how angry I am as the shop is now shut so can do bugger all when all I want to do is shout at them. ..

bonzo77 Tue 18-Nov-14 20:56:44

my cat flap has magnets to stop the wind blowing it open. But not a magnetic system with a special magnet on a collar to let the cat use it IYKWIM. When she goes through the flap she just sort of presses the door open and the magnets release. HTH

bonzo77 Tue 18-Nov-14 20:58:54

its this one.

FushandChups Tue 18-Nov-14 21:00:00

Now I'm really confused. There is a seal all the way round the flap (is that like yours, Beano?) and the instructions mention putting a magnet on the collar.. but there aren't any magnets in the packaging and now I'm wondering if I should fit it.

FushandChups Tue 18-Nov-14 21:01:10

How funny - that's the one I have, only not deluxe! Right, I'm fitting it...! I think confused

FushandChups Tue 18-Nov-14 22:04:59

And its fitted grin and my lovely cat is in and out already! Will very soon be in for the night but I just know he is going to be such a happier cat!! Hooray grin

FushandChups Tue 18-Nov-14 22:55:53

He's back all snuggled on my lap, very content!

Must admit I felt very powerful wielding the jigsaw - first real DIY I have ever done (other than a couple of toilet seats, picture hooks and some flat packed furniture) and very satisfying it was too! I want to saw some more stuff grin

thecatneuterer Wed 19-Nov-14 00:03:45

Well done you! I'm sure he appreciates your efforts.

bonzo77 Wed 19-Nov-14 09:50:50

Pleased you got it sorted. So nice to be rid of the cat litter tray.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now