Talk

Advanced search

Nasty bully

(6 Posts)
Cantbelievethisishappening Mon 17-Nov-14 19:52:31

Any ideas/thoughts gratefully received.
I new cat has arrived on my road. It is massive and nasty. Comes into my garden a lot and proceeds to attack my cat who is young and tiny in comparison. I have had to go out and break fights up. I actually found claw marks on the concrete paving slabs after a really vicious onslaught. This cat is a menace and I just don't know what to do. When it attacks it is unprovoked in that my cat is usually sat high up or legging it. There are no patterns for when it turns up. Yesterday I saw my little cat sat on the fence and actually watched him poop on the fence..... bizarre until I saw why.... that black bastard was under the hedge. Went out and scared it off.

Is there anything I can do? My cat is being tormented.

shaska Mon 17-Nov-14 20:14:29

Hopefully someone with better advice will be along shortly, but I'd buy a super soaker and sit in wait. Every time you see it, blast it.

You could, of course, start keeping yours in, but that's not nice for her and won't discourage him. I would start keeping her in at night though if you don't already, and maybe for the moment, get a litter tray and shut her in while you're out, to try to prevent her being attacked as much.

I have heard of people ... er.... acquiring dog urine and sprinkling it around the edges of their gardens to imply that a dog lives there, in order to deter visitors. I also know someone who used to play the sound of a barking dog loudly when she spotted a local marauder. I always felt like surely this would stress the resident cat more than put off another one, but who knows, maybe it works.

CattyCatCat Mon 17-Nov-14 20:32:09

You could cat proof your garden to keep your cat in and and intruders out. This would probably cost a reasonable sum though and you might not want your cat confined to your garden only.

CleaninQueen Mon 17-Nov-14 20:34:13

Not all cats dislike water both my bengals love it and would make them come back more. Make loud noises is the only thing I can think of. Hope your poor cat is okay though

Cantbelievethisishappening Mon 17-Nov-14 20:36:24

Thanks for the replies. He is now sporting a new gash across his nose.

CattyCatCat Mon 17-Nov-14 20:43:42

:-(
Could you borrow a friend's dog for a week or so. You'd have to keep your cat in but it might make the bully cat get into the habit of skipping your garden on its rounds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now