Talk

Advanced search

while I wait for the vets to open talk to me: vomited and listless

(11 Posts)
Moln Mon 17-Nov-14 08:42:08

Thought there was something up last night at 4 when I woke and went for a wee and he didn't appear to sneak onto my bed. Also this morning he didn't come up, no response when I called either, felt worried he'd got out last night when Dh went out for a smoke.

But Ds2 found him lying in a box very listless, his eyes are not focusing and I've found some sick. Ds2 had D&v over the weekend, cats can't catch that can they?

He as totally fine when I went to bed, had eaten, drank etc he's only 4 and a bit months

cozietoesie Mon 17-Nov-14 08:58:21

Vets are open soon, Moln. Hold on tight.

Spickle Mon 17-Nov-14 09:02:48

Hope the vet can give you some answers Moln.

Years ago our cat was like this and it turned out she had some kind of virus. We never found out where from or what it was exactly, but her temperature was high so she spent a couple of days in the hospital where they kept an eye on her. Pleased to say she was absolutely fine though it was a palaver trying to get her to swallow the tablets.

Best of luck.

Moln Mon 17-Nov-14 09:26:22

Have an appointment for 10.20.

Feel so worried, mostly about him and if he's in pain now, but also because I'd only just got a quote for pet insurance (sounds materialistic I know but the concern of the cost is adding to my worry)

cozietoesie Mon 17-Nov-14 10:41:47

Good luck and let us know how it went.

Moln Mon 17-Nov-14 12:08:03

Vet said it looks to be viral, it's possibly it might be an infection after he was neutered (last week) but the wound looks OK. His temperature is very high.

The vet also spoke of the possibility of it being something that he got when he was outside as a kitten (he was found abandoned) that was dormant and has come about because of the stress the anaesthetic/neutering caused on his body

I head him hiss for the very fist time when she took him out of the carrier, then he didn't purr when I was holding him while she went to get an assistant, all of which upset me more than I ever thought it would.

He's going to be in over night for anti-inflammabilities and possible antibiotics. They will call me later for an update.

picklesanne Mon 17-Nov-14 12:11:37

Fingers crossed he improves soon.

Spickle Mon 17-Nov-14 17:57:33

He's in the best place and they'll do everything they can to help him get over the virus.

Toocold Mon 17-Nov-14 21:06:01

Thinking of you, it is really hard when they are ill.

Moln Mon 17-Nov-14 21:44:32

Good news to update with - he responded very well to the antibiotics and anti inflammabilities, evidentially bacterial, which meant that I was able to pick him up tonight (they offered to keep him over night but it wasn't necessary)

So I got him home at just after 7, I was so happy to see him on his feet again and he had some food and water. He's now snoozing upstairs with his favourite person.

smile

cozietoesie Mon 17-Nov-14 22:08:22

Good news. Let us know how he is tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now