Talk

Advanced search

Collected William yesterday

(7 Posts)
PinkSparklyElephant Wed 12-Nov-14 12:55:38

William's ashes were back at the vets and I collected him yesterday lunchtime. I didn't realise how much it would upset me. He's currently by the patio doors 'looking out' into the garden, part of his old stomping ground, and he'll go to my Mum's at the weekend.

As we don't have many pictures we each had a memento made with a little bit of his ashes in it and we have his paw print on a card.

For an elderly stray cat with questionable toilet habits who was only with us for a few months I really miss him sad.

cozietoesie Wed 12-Nov-14 12:56:59

They get into your heart, don't they?

Take care.

Sorry to hear about William, he sounds like a real character.

Moln Wed 12-Nov-14 13:00:56

Ahh, sorry to read you're upset.

William sounds like he had a very loving home for the last few months of his life.

PinkSparklyElephant Wed 12-Nov-14 13:01:31

They do and I just wish I'd realised he was a stray and done something for him sooner. The problem was he used to sleep on someone's doorstep and I genuinely thought he was an old boy who lived there. I think he might have done once (which makes it worse) and they moved and left him.

Sleep tight little William.

timtam23 Wed 12-Nov-14 21:16:17

Please don't feel guilty about William, you did so much for him.

It can be quite a jolt to the system when collecting the ashes, I felt very upset when collecting those of my 2 old cats. Still do feel upset when I catch sight of the caskets, to be honest sad
Take care of yourself and try to think of the good memories of William

PinkSparklyElephant Thu 13-Nov-14 08:37:44

Thank you timtam.

And thank you to everyone for the kind words and hand holding. I've really needed it and it's been good to talk to people who understand how I feel thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now