Talk

Advanced search

Amorous cats

(7 Posts)
RubbishMantra Wed 12-Nov-14 08:04:30

MCat is a bit of a horny devil. He gets amorous with pretty much anything, mostly favouring discarded clothes.

We got a kitten in the summer, he too is an amorous kitty. However, he's a bit more discerning, only seducing his cuddle bag.

So...I've always had cats, never seen this type of behaviour before. Did MKitten learn it off MCat? What's it all about? They're both neutered btw.

juneybean Wed 12-Nov-14 11:51:32

Not sure but interested to know. We had a Persian 20 years ago that loved a discarded towel or anything else pile like. Whereas my boy now since being neutered as a kitten has kept to himself.

Morph (neutered) used to hump DS2's 'Bear in the Big Blue house' cuddly toy blush He would seduce it in the usual way that male cats grab the female.

It was embarrassing to see!!!!! I eventually donated Bear to my class at school (after machine washing him!)

He also used to try to hump my head in the middle of the night. Now THAT was disturbing!!!!

Lawgal448 Wed 12-Nov-14 21:50:16

I have a fleecy blanket that my cat goes crazy for. I just let him get on with it although not if I'm actually under the blanket as then he sort of humps your leg which is a bit disconcerting. I had two cats before this one and neither of them did this but from my google research it seems to be very common!

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 12-Nov-14 21:54:55

<buttons up twinset>

cozietoesie Wed 12-Nov-14 22:27:58

Peeing cats, Yes. Fighting cats, Sure - but I haven't had an amorous one.

So far, at any rate.

JanetWeb2812 Wed 12-Nov-14 22:35:20

Our old tom (neutered) was a devil for humping our arms when we were in bed. We used to call them his complimentary shags.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now