Talk

Advanced search

Cat chasing his own tail...

(7 Posts)
FushandChups Tue 11-Nov-14 20:45:30

Is this normal in cats? I know dogs do it all the time but I thought cats were smarter than that?

0ellenbrody0 Tue 11-Nov-14 20:59:48

Both of mine do this! It's so funny. Whoever thinks cats are intelligent has never met my two!

MajorMajor Tue 11-Nov-14 21:09:03

Watched my cat chasing his own leg yesterday. When he caught it, he bit it! Must have hurt

RubbishMantra Tue 11-Nov-14 22:41:37

MKitten impersonates a helicopter, as he whizzes round and round down the stairs, chasing his tail.

MCat is more sedate; he plonks himself on my/DH's lap, then follows his tail until he can suckle on it. I usually give in and trap it for him, to end his torture.

FushandChups Tue 11-Nov-14 22:54:24

grin Dcat sounds positively normal! I guess I just expected, I don't know, more dignified behaviour... There is nothing remotely cool, calm or collected about driving yourself batty with your tail!

catsofa Wed 12-Nov-14 00:56:54

Yep, mine has a tail which sometimes sneaks up on her, she has never seen it before in her life and has to pounce on it, pin it down and smack it around a bit before it escapes off somewhere. Then she sits looking for it for a while. I have to try hard not to snort with laughter because it puts her off.

abigamarone Wed 12-Nov-14 01:16:02

One of mine likes to live dangerously, chases it as he's perched on the side of the bath.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now