Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I miss having a cat.

(9 Posts)
2kidsintow Mon 10-Nov-14 19:53:11

Our Brucie died in the summer at the ripe old age of 19. It's taken a while to get used to not having him around and I still look for him when switching off the lights at night or leaving for work in the morning.

The DDs have started to ask when we can have another cat and DH (who was the reason we got a cat in the first place as he loves cats) DOESN'T seem keen, citing lots of annoyingly practical reasons as to why we shouldn't have another.

Sigh. I miss having a cat. sad

UncrushedParsley Mon 10-Nov-14 19:55:58

Sorry to hear about Brucie, it's very hard isn't it..... Tell DH you all NEED a cat, which you do, of course smile

You should have a look at your local cat rescue online...just for research purposes you understand. You absolutely WON'T fall in love with a cat and have to go meet him. Oh no, not at all.

cozietoesie Mon 10-Nov-14 20:03:03

Definitely not at all.

grin

cozietoesie Mon 10-Nov-14 20:04:45

Oh - and anyone can be forgetful and leave the device open on a page while they go to do something else. Nothing you could be blamed for.

grin

2kidsintow Mon 10-Nov-14 22:21:55

I like your thinking. smile

Sparklingbrook Mon 10-Nov-14 22:27:36

YY it wouldn't hurt to have a little look at the website surely?

isseywithcats Mon 10-Nov-14 22:44:48

have you thought of fostering for a rescue this way you would have the pleasure of having feline company without the years and years long time commitment your hubby is worried about

cozietoesie Mon 10-Nov-14 23:27:33

Good thinking, issey.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now