Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Why does my kitten get in the litter tray when I'm clearing it out?!

(12 Posts)
AnotherEmma Sun 09-Nov-14 22:43:47

I realise we humans will probably never understand, but I have two theories:
1. She's curious. Very plausible as she gets in the way and sniffs everything (scoop, poop bag, clean litter bag).
2. She knows I'm cleaning and is impatient to poo in the nice clean litter tray (which she did, but then why loiter afterwards while I'm cleaning out the second one?!)

Ah, kittens. Mysterious and crazy and adorable all in one package. Shame they poo so much!

Wolfiefan Sun 09-Nov-14 22:45:24

She wants to show you what litter trays are for and that you're doing it wrong!
grin

Moln Mon 10-Nov-14 16:46:57

Mine does this too - I wondered if he's telling me that it's his, especially as he always does a wee just after I'd cleaned it

QueenFuri Mon 10-Nov-14 21:18:52

Mine does this then jumps in and has a wee straight away, just to make sure its not nice and clean!

CelibacyCakeAndElevatorMuzac Mon 10-Nov-14 21:30:44

I volunteer at a cat rescue centre and one of my jobs is to clean the cat pens, which obviously includes litter trays.

If I clean and replenish litter trays in say 15 pens, by the time I've got to the last pen and walked back past the others, 50% have done fresh poos in their trays!

My upset at their seemingly smug "that's what we think of you" faces as I walk past, is met with complete indifference.

Cats are bastards but I would still take every last one home with me if finances allowed

grin

abigamarone Tue 11-Nov-14 10:45:53

On the subject of litter trays, can anyone explain why mine like to carry socks into theirs? Washed and cleaned the tray late last night, lots of fresh litter and first thing this morning, the end of one black sock hanging out of the entrance. The rest pummelled beneath the litter. Lovely.

code Tue 11-Nov-14 13:11:14

I guess it's like going to a public loo and finding it hasn't been flushed. As soon as flushed and clean we are happy to use it- same as for cats.

juneybean Tue 11-Nov-14 13:20:03

They really are bastards. grin

The socks... No idea... They're crazy little creatures.

AnotherEmma Tue 11-Nov-14 18:31:29

Socks?! How bizarre. Was it a cat or a kitten? I do believe kittens are particularly crazy.

SmokingGun Tue 11-Nov-14 18:44:21

SmokingKitten goes for a poo in his litter tray whilst I am cleaning it, he also likes to maintain eye contact throughout. hmm

Moln Tue 11-Nov-14 19:01:29

My kitten love a good sock too. Not taken them into his litter tray (yet)

Kittens are crazy. mines a mentalist his most favourite thing to do at the moment is hide somewhere and then launch himself at full speed at a passing ankle and then cling on to it.

RubbishMantra Wed 12-Nov-14 07:16:44

My devon rex kitten likes to supervise all removal of poos and clumps from his tray, attempting to swat them off the scooper. Maybe he thinks I am stealing them? hmm

He also likes to excavate a pile of litter, leaving it in a pile next to the entrance to his litter-box.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now