Talk

Advanced search

Musing on moggies

(11 Posts)
valrhona Thu 06-Nov-14 22:30:07

My mog Coley came in to me aged around 4mos. Scraggy, browny black, bald eyebrows. 6 months later, .... she's a glamour girl smile
Her coat is mid length, but now pure black and has the softest silkiest finest feel to it. The hair is quite fine compared to Margot (basic tortie cat ...but those eyes....). Coley's tail is a black plume. She has a small pointed triangular face, and very long whiskers. I wonder what might be in her mix?

RubbishMantra Fri 07-Nov-14 13:07:30

It's brilliant when they flourish isn't it?

When MCat came to live with me, he had worms, so very thin, dull coat. Now he's a chunky, sleek, glossy black and white panther! smile

I reckon you should post a pic of Coley - I remember the baldy eyebrows photo.

cozietoesie Fri 07-Nov-14 13:22:10

Fascinating conjecturing isn't it? One unneutered tom can do an awful lot of fraternizing if they get out for only one night.

We need a picture though as RubbishMantra said.

smile

valrhona Fri 07-Nov-14 21:55:39

I would love to post a pic of her! I find her harder to photograph for some reason. Any tips??
I will give it a go tomorrow when it's brightish
Thanks for the replies smile

valrhona Sun 23-Nov-14 21:54:31

Finally! A pic or two of Coley and Margot 6 months later.... no filter smile

In the second one Coley is showing off and Margot is just sighing grin

valrhona Sun 23-Nov-14 21:56:41

This is Coley 6 mos ago with her baldy eyebrows. Margot looks pretty much the same.

cozietoesie Sun 23-Nov-14 21:57:43

Gorgeous pair.

smile

RubbishMantra Mon 24-Nov-14 00:59:48

They're both beautiful.

I love Coley's frilly ruff around her face.smile That's not there in the older photo.

isseywithcats Mon 24-Nov-14 15:28:01

she looks like charlie the stray i have just rehomed and i thought he had a bit of persian in him

elinorjane Mon 24-Nov-14 20:25:08

Your black cat looks a lot like mine! She is the softest cat.

valrhona Tue 25-Nov-14 00:13:28

Ah thanks for the replies! flowers smile
There is definitely something different in the bould Coley, she's a lovely thing and as tough as nails, she's really brave. And yes elinor soooo soft. Most black cats I've seen in Ireland are short haired so she's unusual (to me!)
I wish Margot would be friendlier to her, - coley makes overtures - but she's just not interested and keeps her distance. Or swipes a paw. Coley just laughs and rolls on the floor. Ha! If I had my time again I'd try boy/girl rather than girl/girl but sure tis grand. They're not fighting or anything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now