Talk

Advanced search

Stopping cat licking wound- will not wear a cone/collar

(3 Posts)
barmybunting Thu 06-Nov-14 07:19:55

I am pulling my hair out here trying to keep our cat from licking a wound under his front left leg (in his 'armpit') and wondering if anyone can help please?

He has seen the vet, no stitches needed but we need to apply cream a couple of times a day. Vet gave us a plastic cone collar to stop him licking, that lasted all of 2 mins and he just thrashed it off whenever we put it back on. Vet then gave us an inflatable donut type collar yesterday - he has this off within 10 mins so I spent yesterday following him about putting it back on. In desperation this morning, I tried a baby t-shirt thinking it would cover the wound. He twisted that off in 5 mins...

Any alternative ideas on how to get him to stop licking the wound please? He keeps opening it again every time so it isn't healing. I am at home just now so can thankfully keep an eye on him, but DC1 is due in a week so I am worried he will be left more to his own devices soon and just want to get the poor wee soul sorted- it looks sore!

Thanks!

RubbishMantra Thu 06-Nov-14 09:17:42

Perhaps a babygro? Would be more difficult to manoeuvre out of?

barmybunting Thu 06-Nov-14 11:15:42

I popped one on him about an hour ago and he managed to keep it on for half an hour so it is a slight improvement, thanks! Hopefully perseverance will work!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now