Talk

Advanced search

Somebody's just phoned up about my missing cat.

(10 Posts)
hiddenhome Sun 02-Nov-14 14:17:55

I missed the call and there's no return number, but she says she'll call back.

I was just thinking about him a few days ago and feeling that he might still be alive. I imagined that somebody phoned me up.

They're probably phoning up about the churchyard cat though and he's not my cat - somebody phoned up about him before and we went to see sad

I feel like I'm going crazy sometimes. My heart is pounding and I keep crying. I can't listen to one of the songs on my iphone because it makes me think of him.

I'd rather we'd found his body than this endless wondering and emptiness.

CatKisser Sun 02-Nov-14 14:21:18

You poor thing. It's agonising isn't it?
Every one of my fingers is crossed that it might be your cat.

cozietoesie Sun 02-Nov-14 14:22:56

Fingers crossed for you hidden. Just knowing would be good, I think?

IAmAPaleontologist Sun 02-Nov-14 14:24:01

He is beautiful. Fingers crossed for you

hiddenhome Sun 02-Nov-14 14:30:51

No, it's not him.

She's just phoned back and described what sounds like a tortoiseshell female with kittens sad

She says my notice is very faded. It's been over a year now, I might as well just take it down. He's microchipped, so there's a chance he'd be scanned if he was picked up. We've moved out of the area.

God, I wish I just knew what happened to him. It's the not knowing that makes it so much worse.

cozietoesie Sun 02-Nov-14 14:33:55

I'm so sorry.

And Yes - I'd take the notice down now.

hiddenhome Sun 02-Nov-14 14:35:07

He was such a lovely cat. Dh used to call him Cooking Kitty because he used to hang around in the kitchen and scrounge pieces of meat when dh was cooking.

He'd fill the place with slaughtered mice, rats and even rabbits. He was massive and had his own chair.

CatKisser Sun 02-Nov-14 14:35:28

Ugh, that's rotten.

I agree with Cozie about the notice. Life's horrible sometimes.

CatKisser Sun 02-Nov-14 14:36:34

Beautiful cat! Huge!

hiddenhome Sun 02-Nov-14 14:43:25

I'll go up this week and take it down. I took the others down a while ago.

The churchyard cat was almost identical to my cat. You wouldn't have believed it if you'd seen him. His face had a bit less tabby on that's all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now