Talk

Advanced search

any ideas what I can feed my old girl.

(5 Posts)
chocolatespiders Sun 02-Nov-14 09:02:01

She is 20/21 and keeps being sick. She eats the pate food as her teeth are bad and sometimes softened James well beloved. Sometimes tinned sardines or mackerel\tuna

I am not sure if she is ready to be pts as she is still walking about and going outside occasionally and if I mention that to my children they shout me down.
I don't feel I can starve her as her tummy rumbles.

cozietoesie Sun 02-Nov-14 09:07:42

Achh. Seniorboy started frequent vomiting a few years back and that was largely down to his lousy teeth. (He had a big dental which pretty well fixed the problem but your girl is probably too old for that.) It's the very devil trying to tempt them anyway when they're elderly.

When was she vetted last?

chocolatespiders Sun 02-Nov-14 09:15:57

She had 2 teeth out about 5 years ago maybe longer.
She really smells as well.
The sick is just food occasionally frothy liquid.

I hope she is not sufferring.

cozietoesie Sun 02-Nov-14 09:21:09

I think I'd be vetting her to see what sort of physical issues she has. It may be that vet advice could help you. (Ignore the DCs' yelps - they often don't have a clue when they're young and if they've always known a particular cat around..........)

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 02-Nov-14 09:24:05

I'd take her to a vet too. She might be in pain from her mouth but hiding it well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now