Talk

Advanced search

We can have a cat, we can have a cat, DH says we can have a cat!!

(107 Posts)
KatyMac Sun 02-Nov-14 08:43:50

He's been poorly (so have I) & I was saying how much I missed having a cat when we were ill

& he agreed

Squee!!

he changed his mind

So we have enquired about 2 (different kittens)

cozietoesie Sun 02-Nov-14 09:01:33

Keep calm! grin

Have you thought about getting a mature rescue? (Rescues local to you might have websites to have a look see at some of the residents.)

KatyMac Sun 02-Nov-14 09:10:14

Cozie, Siamese/Oriental only cos of allergies

I have been looking & looking for months sad & whenever (rarely) they had one he still said no

Plus rescues don't like my home circumstances (nursery)

cozietoesie Sun 02-Nov-14 09:24:01

Forgive me - I forgot. (Insufficiency of caffeine.)

KatyMac Sun 02-Nov-14 09:35:00

grin me too

I do get that we aren't ideal- but after 4 Siamese/Oriental we do have a fair idea what we are doing

KatyMac Sun 02-Nov-14 10:16:11

Do you know anything about Korat?

KatyMac Sun 02-Nov-14 10:27:09

Or a Havana?

cozietoesie Sun 02-Nov-14 10:32:16

Never had either - I'm a Siamese person for good or ill. (But other posters may be able to advise on those breeds.)

I'm not surprised that being unwell changed DH's mind. (Lying in bed can be so much better with a furry body snuggled up to you.) You may well find in fact that you shortly become the one who was 'preventing the family from having a new cat'. smile

Hope you're both feeling better by the way.

KatyMac Sun 02-Nov-14 10:48:09

Obviously I'd rather a siamese

But I'll take what I can get before he feels better & changes his mind - it's D&V so I only have a very short window & neither owner has got back to me sad

Floralnomad Sun 02-Nov-14 10:51:02

Battersea(London) had Siamese kittens earlier in the week ,may be worth checking if they still have any .

KatyMac Sun 02-Nov-14 10:57:59

& a gorgeous Bob there too

I doubt they'd let me have them sad

tipsycat Sun 02-Nov-14 10:58:08

Have you thought about Burmese? I have a Burmese and a Siamese and love both, but the Burmese are more cuddly!

KatyMac Sun 02-Nov-14 10:58:49

Are they fluffy?

MyHovercraftIsFullOfEels Sun 02-Nov-14 11:02:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Riverland Sun 02-Nov-14 11:05:00

Burmese aren't fluffy. They're wonderful, very intelligent and interactive.

Tonkinese are really special too.

KatyMac Sun 02-Nov-14 11:07:03

OK -I packing to take DD back to college; anyone fancy searching Norfolk/Suffolk for a nice cute non fluffy rescue cat they will let live with 9 toddlers & a disabled DH?

I may pay a finders fee (in homemade cakes.....)

wink

cozietoesie Sun 02-Nov-14 11:09:39

I think I'd be asking a lot of questions of Battersea about those Siamese kittens. It's so unusual to have Siamese kittens in a rescue that I'd be wondering whether they were the result of an unplanned brother/sister mating and that would make me edgy with regard to future health issues. (I know that many Siamese can be pretty healthy and that few of us would, in any case, want to know about the ancestry of their cats - but still.)

tipsycat Sun 02-Nov-14 11:15:26

Burmese aren't fluffy, they have short hair and more rounded face than siamese, slightly bigger build too. They are very affectionate and intelligent. Mine sleeps on DDs pillow or sometimes actually in the bed with her. He is happy to be picked up and cuddled. My Siamese is beautiful but more challenging. She loves to sit on your knee but does not like to be picked up. She is dainty and more choosy. I love oriental cats. gringringrin

KatyMac Sun 02-Nov-14 11:45:57

I really really want a kitty

cozietoesie Sun 02-Nov-14 11:55:58

This is the worst time. You want one NOW! (I know how it feels.) Resist the urge if you can though - you're about to enter into a potentially very long relationship and it's best to wait until the right one for you arrives.

smile

cozietoesie Sun 02-Nov-14 11:58:37

Sorry - I meant resist the urge to just go out and get any kitty for the sake of it. I know you've been waiting a while but the right one will come some day.

KatyMac Sun 02-Nov-14 12:23:23

I know but I'm desperate wink

cozietoesie Sun 02-Nov-14 12:50:26

Here you go then. And if, as is likely, you give them a buzz and the kittens are all gone, get chatting and find out any other breeders that might have kits available. Much is done by word of mouth in Siamese circles.

Best of luck. smile

KatyMac Sun 02-Nov-14 16:52:28

Aww I want one

cozietoesie Sun 02-Nov-14 16:58:53

Well I'll confess to being partial. grin Firstcat was a seal but since then we've always had chocolate boys. (Apart from one chocolate girl.)

And they've all known they looked adorable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now