Talk

Advanced search

three cats?

(8 Posts)
juneybean Sat 01-Nov-14 18:07:29

The juney household added a very sweet four month old Persian kitten last week and Bob the 11 year old tom seems very unfazed. This day after Mia arrived I was offered a young rescue cat, Macey who came for a home visit today.

She too is very laid back and found her to be a very pleasant cat but I'm worried about the financial ramifications of having three cats, Mia is on kitten food, Bob is on senior, new cat would be on adult?

Also how many is too many??

It's a childless household if that matters.

Interested to hear others thoughts.

Sparklingbrook Sat 01-Nov-14 18:10:22

It's difficult to say. If all 3 cats remain in perfect health you still have

3 X

Boosters
Flea and Worm treatments
Cattery bills
Food
Insurance

It depends how well off you are I guess.

aJumpedUpPantryBoy Sat 01-Nov-14 18:13:19

We have 5 (and 2 dogs). At one time we had 9 cats and 4 dogs - if you have the time, space and can afford them I think it's fine.

aJumpedUpPantryBoy Sat 01-Nov-14 18:14:18

Posted too soon - meant to say I look upon our pets as our luxuries in life and am quite prepared to cut back on holidays/meals out etc to afford them and make sure they have everything they need

thecatneuterer Sat 01-Nov-14 18:31:03

Don't ask me - I've got 27grin

I suppose it depends on how well off you are and how much, as aJumpedup said, you are prepared to cut back on luxuries should it be necessary.

LocalEditorEssex Sat 01-Nov-14 18:33:26

I have three, originally two then awol boy turned up after two years.
They all eat the same type of food, I use fleas collars and squirty flea stuff. Vet bills are low, they were all neutered very young. Boy is 4, two girls are 3.

I now have three. Kittens are on Animonda Carney, and old cat has also taken a liking to it, so bulk order from zoo plus.. ditto Royal Canin kitten dry food (tried the 'aging cat' one on Portia but she was insulted grin

I do budget for injections etc but other than that, it doesn't feel like much more than having two and having an extra fur baby to love far outweighs the costs for me smile

juneybean Sat 01-Nov-14 19:08:39

Mia is on Royal Canin Persian Kitten at the minute and Bob has taken a fancy to that (much better than his Asda biscuits apparently! Snobby cat!)

Bob isn't insured (he was once, long story) but Mia is insured.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now