Talk

Advanced search

Kitten was spayed yesterday..

(6 Posts)
QueenFuri Sat 01-Nov-14 08:48:03

So how do I get her to rest up she is jumping up on her scratching post, the window sills, trying to entice the DC into playing with her. I was told to give her a little bit of tuna for tea she wouldn't shut up until she got the tin hmm. I was dragged out of bed at 6.30 this morning by her eating my foot demanding her breakfast. The vet told me she would be tired and sore for days? I'm not keen on her doing her jumping incase she hurts herself as she's no lightshade round her neck! Any ideas?

Gileswithachainsaw Sat 01-Nov-14 08:49:40

Yeah my cat was like this. We ended up having to let her out she was desperate grin

It's good. She sounds like she's recovered well.

cozietoesie Sat 01-Nov-14 09:06:44

It sounds as if the vet was giving you the worst case scenario but some of them shrug off the neutering op as if it was nothing - so back to normal for you all, probably, although keeping a weather eye on her would be good just in case.

I was told mine would be subdued and probably not want food after being neutered and spayed...

They leapt out of their baskets, demanded tons of food and went bonkers round the house until 2am!!!!!! I had pain killers prescribed for the girl, but didn't bother after day 2 as she was absolutely fine, took no notice of her op whatsoever!

I wouldn't worry... she will rest if she needs to smile

thecatneuterer Sat 01-Nov-14 13:38:49

Lots of cats don't seem to notice they've had anything done. I wouldn't worry about her jumping around if she wants to. She should stay inside for at least five days, to prevent dirt getting into the wound, but apart from that just let her behave as normal.

girliefriend Sat 01-Nov-14 22:46:19

They come back pretty hungry after being starved pre op, my girl kitten stuffed her face and then charged around as normal grin the only struggle was the cone, it drove her demented and eventually made her a bit depressed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now