Talk

Advanced search

OMFG.....cat has worms

(10 Posts)
JakeBullet Tue 18-Mar-14 22:40:11

<boak>

Just cleared the litter tray of a fresh poop to discover the poop utterly heaving with fecking worms. It is the most gross thing I have ever seen.....

Help me! Getting tablets down my cats is a nightmare but have never seen a sign of worms before ever. This is from the youngest cat who has just started going outside into the garden.

I am beyond grossed out.

So....over the counter stuff is useless yes?

It's going to be an expensive vet preparation isn't it?

What is best?

Have three cats so am going to have to do them all.

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 18-Mar-14 23:10:51

Milbemax, the tablets are fairly small and lozenge shaped so go down easily. Plus one tablet does up to a 8kg cat.

TheOneWithTheNicestSmile Tue 18-Mar-14 23:31:37

Lonecat, out of curiosity, how much do you charge for Milbemax? (½ tab/wholetab?)

6cats3gingerkittens Wed 19-Mar-14 10:24:58

You can get drops to put on cats, like flea treatments. Profender seems to work ok but you will need to see a vet for the prescription.
Good luck, all will be well.

JakeBullet Wed 19-Mar-14 12:23:16

Thanks all, the fantastic vet b=nurse said "bring her in and we will get the tablet down her" AND they only charged me for the tablet...price £2.71.

She is all done and I am taking the other two in on Saturday morning to have the same.

Been given Drontal....job done almost.

Apparently she may well expel the feckers in her poo for the next few days but then they will be gone. Gross.

TheOneWithTheNicestSmile Wed 19-Mar-14 12:35:46

£2.71 is a great price - it's £5 at mine

good luck with the next few poos, Jake <gag>

JakeBullet Wed 19-Mar-14 14:50:25

She pooped before I left the house this afternoon....not a worm in sight thank god.

It truly was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen last night <boak>

When I left this afternoon she was playing with her new "sorry I took you to the vet" toy. A toy mouse that squeaks.

Fuzzymum1 Thu 20-Mar-14 13:04:33

You can buy droncit spot on wormer from vetuk.co.uk - it's what we use for ours and never had a problem with it.

cozietoesie Thu 20-Mar-14 13:19:23

As far as I recall, droncit only covers tapeworms - for eg roundworms as well you'd need Profender spot on and I think that that does require a prescription or to be issued by a vet. (I'll stand to be corrected on that though.)

Lonecatwithkitten Thu 20-Mar-14 13:25:15

Cozie is correct droncit only does tapeworm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now