Talk

Advanced search

I felt so sad for my boy today

(4 Posts)
PipkinsPal Sun 16-Mar-14 21:12:52

Last November Barnaby was killed by a car and his brother Troy initially missed him. Although I see Troy wandering around with no particular purpose I thought he had moved on a little. Today whilst I was mowing the lawn I spotted feathers on Barnaby's grave. Troy is very much into birds and I believe he gifted it to his dead brother.

Merrythulu Sun 16-Mar-14 21:19:34

Aww that's so very sad. sad Our young cat Apollo was hit by a car and killed last month, and I was thinking that Artemis his sister had gotten over it, but maybe it's too soon to get another cat. I hope Troy can move on.

PipkinsPal Sun 16-Mar-14 21:24:17

Thanks and sorry for your loss Merry. It's awful losing a pet in tragic circumstances. I did think about getting another cat as Troy is still young, 3 1/2, but I couldn't go through the heartache if he rejected a new cat and vice versa. I couldn't take the chance of my home being turned into a battlefield. Hope Artemis gets through grieving too.

boofted Sun 16-Mar-14 22:12:49

That is very sad. My cat was diagnosed with depression after her best friend died suddenly. It was so sad. We got 2 rescue kittens to try and help her. It took a long time for her to get better but now the 3 of them love each other.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: