Talk

Advanced search

Additional staff deemed satisfactory

(5 Posts)
have4goneinsane Sat 01-Mar-14 04:42:09

Just an update on Jasper, the cat who wandered in from 2 doors down.

We seem to have passed some kind of inspection and he has taken the have4 family on as additional staff. I have continued to refuse to feed him so he now seems to go home for breakfast and dinner.

Ironically he seems to like it better when the children are around and is totally tolerant of being hauled around by DD1.

His breath is hideously smelly - is there such a thing as cat breath freshener?

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 01-Mar-14 08:18:45

Sounds like he has teeth problems, he might need treatment poor love.

cozietoesie Sat 01-Mar-14 09:04:39

Yes - teeth would be the first thing to occur to me. How old is he roughly? (I forget.) Cat teeth aren't really designed to go on without attention for umpty years so he may well need some work there. (Not just for the smell but also for his health.)

That will bring its own problems of course. (Liaising with the elderly neighbour over a possible GA op.)

How lovely that he has bonded with the DCs so well. How do they view him, now?

have4goneinsane Sun 02-Mar-14 07:49:31

he's 14, I know his owner is due to take him to the vet soon so I'm hoping it will be picked up then.

cozietoesie Sun 02-Mar-14 07:55:28

Fingers crossed they check his mouth properly - and that she agrees to pay for any work needed. I'm afraid that dental work isn't always cheap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now