Talk

Advanced search

Defence against cat shit

(15 Posts)
Fifyfomum Mon 24-Feb-14 18:43:41

Anyone got any solutions that work?

It is for a very small area, for some reason one of the local cats has taken to shitting in the small tufts of grass that have protruded through the concrete outside my garage. Its bizarre because there are gardens a plenty but this cat has decided to shit there. The children have both ended up with shoes covered in cat shit which has covered the car in cat shit. I am furious about it and need it stopped.

I have removed all the cat shit and the tufts of grass but I am concerned I will find cat shit just on the pavement now. Is there anything anyone has done to prevent it? I dont mind what lengths I have to go to. I just dont want it around my car!

cozietoesie Mon 24-Feb-14 18:48:46

Have you got a cat of your own who goes outside? (Your options are broader if you haven't is all.)

Marne Mon 24-Feb-14 18:55:22

A gun grin

We had the same problem out the front of our house so I bought a bag of gravel and covered over the area they were pooping in, now they shit outside the neighbours house.

Fifyfomum Mon 24-Feb-14 18:56:20

I have got a cat that goes outside but she doesnt go down to the garages at all.

Fifyfomum Mon 24-Feb-14 18:57:31

I could definitely cover the area in gravel if you are saying they dont like gravel x

Queenofknickers Mon 24-Feb-14 18:59:02

Have you got foxes at all? I ask because cats usually obsessively bury their poo and don't like to do it on hard surfaces.

Fifyfomum Mon 24-Feb-14 19:02:47

It is definitely cat shit

Marne Mon 24-Feb-14 20:25:58

Yes, use gravel but quite big gravel ( they will still shit in the fine stuff), worked for us.

Fifyfomum Mon 24-Feb-14 20:28:51

Big pebbles... I am going to find the biggest fucking pebbles imaginable.

Destinysdaughter Mon 24-Feb-14 20:29:49

Oh noooo. Not another cat poo thread! It'll all end in tears...

Ifcatshadthumbs Mon 24-Feb-14 20:31:39

Can you put a piece of chicken wire over the area, they hate treading on it.

17leftfeet Mon 24-Feb-14 20:32:32

One of my cats quite likes a bit of decorative gravel to crap in -Cotswold buff being the stone of choice

Fifyfomum Mon 24-Feb-14 20:44:21

'another cat poo thread'

have I stumbled into a no go area?

Seriously though, I just need to know how to stop it crapping right there. I have removed all the mud n shit so hopefully that will be a big deterrent

issey6cats Mon 24-Feb-14 21:42:22

you could spray the area with lemon juice and put orange peel in the edges of the area or install one of those sprinklers for gardens that is movement activated, try one of those scaredy cats ornaments that looks like a black cat with its back arched will look like theres a cat there, also put some holly on the dirt parts cats dont like holly as its spikey, also theres a product on the market made from lion poo which sounds daft but its supposed to discourage cats from coming in to your garden look online for that one,fill in the gaps with concrete i have a large patio and my cats dont go on there to toilet,

Fifyfomum Tue 25-Feb-14 20:41:56

I think we have solved it with the removal of tufts of grass. I've seen the cat in question slink away from there looking not too pleased with himself and there was no poo to be found!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now