Talk

Advanced search

cat breed/type and siblings?

(4 Posts)
HelloBoys Thu 20-Feb-14 15:07:35

I know this sounds terribly disloyal, had cat (17 years) put to sleep today. sad sad

I am thinking within a month or so getting new cat/kitten. My cats were both very personable and talkative.

One was white with sort of green/amber eyes, they had pointed faces and had a touch of the East about them (hmmm??) they both had VERY loud voices.

I'd quite like similar but unsure whether to go for demands of Burmese/Siamese etc. Also had brother and sister before (both fought) but quite like idea of 2 brothers/sisters, any ideas/experience of siblings and ideas of breeds or what my white cat would have been?

thanks!

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 20-Feb-14 18:23:12

I think if was me I'd go for a pair of adult rescue cats because our sibling pair hated each other. It guarantees no fighting & feuding. There are siamese/Burmese rescue centres though.

I'm no use for oriental breeds though we've never had one so I can't help you there though.

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 20-Feb-14 18:26:54

Ooh look two seal points

wink

Megrim Thu 20-Feb-14 23:18:21

I have a tortoiseshell aged 10 and a Siamese aged 4 (both female), and they get on pretty well (they are both curled up together on my lap at the moment). They do play fight, and the tortie can take it a bit far if she's being grumpy, but the Siamese often goads her into reacting. Introduced the Siamese as a 12 week old kitten.

I can thoroughly recommend being owned by a Siamese - although in some ways it's a bit like having a toddler again (ie you'll never be able to go to the loo alone, have a bath by yourself) and this one is a terrible thief too.

Wonder if your white cat had some Oriental Shorthair blood?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now