Talk

Advanced search

Had to say goodbye

(10 Posts)
Pimpf Mon 17-Feb-14 13:23:38

Not long got back from the vets, had to take her in and let her go and she really wasn't well.

Sat here feeling like shit, I have so many things to do today but can't be arsed

cozietoesie Mon 17-Feb-14 13:28:58

So sorry, Pimpf. sad

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 17-Feb-14 18:04:38

I don't think I'd be much use if we lost our cat. Poor you. I'm so sorry.

Pimpf Mon 17-Feb-14 21:33:34

Pretty horrible day.

Happened really quick, I was fussing her, she had the injection and went straight away, didn't know a thing about it but I want her back! She was annoying as hell for about a year now but I wish she was here annoying me now!

Kids are both sobbing, makes me feel terrible too and the house is empty

timtam23 Mon 17-Feb-14 21:40:55

So sorry Pimpf thanks

cozietoesie Mon 17-Feb-14 21:42:59

Going straight away would have been best for her. They leave a huge hole in your heart and your life though. We've most of us been there so you're not alone tonight.

Have you and the DCs made any plans about how to bury or remember her? That might help them and you both.

Pimpf Mon 17-Feb-14 21:52:48

When we get her ashes back we will put in the garden in a nice sunny spot where she used to like to lay. Was also thinking about getting her picture on a cushion for the girls so they can still snuggle her or is that a bit too much?

cozietoesie Mon 17-Feb-14 22:01:51

Ask them and see how they feel. It may be right for them now and not later on, or right for you now and not later on or, or, or ........

You've got a nice picture of her though so that's good. You can do lots with that, if only to have it printed and framed or something.

Pimpf Mon 17-Feb-14 22:18:13

Was going to print a photo off today but the bloody machines weren't working. Then saw a photo cushion and thought that'd be nice, just looked online and can't find them (boots) though I am physically and emotionally exhausted, I might just not be looking properly

cozietoesie Mon 17-Feb-14 22:25:15

If you have your heart set on one, just google 'photo cushion' - there are lots of options to think about.

You'll feel better tomorrow. The rawness takes a bit to ease - but it does eventually ease.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now