Talk

Advanced search

Cat has eaten toothpaste - help, please!!!

(12 Posts)
Italiangreyhound Sun 16-Feb-14 21:57:56

Cat ( almost 1 year old enautered Tom) just arrived downstairs with toothpaste round his mouth, toothpaste all over bathroom floor, no idea how or why he has gotten at it!

I have wiped it away and then washed his face and offered water. It is obviously causing his face some distress.

Not sure what to do. No idea how much he ate, or even if he did but think he tried to eat it!

Any advice, please. Will he be sick?

thecatneuterer Sun 16-Feb-14 22:08:47

I'm afraid I've no idea. What an odd thing for a cat to eat! I don't expect it will do him any serious harm though.

Italiangreyhound Sun 16-Feb-14 22:16:51

I don't think he ate it, I think he got it around his face and is now scratching! I have given him food and water to distract him. He is cleaning his paws how. I think he will be OK.

DD dropped toothpaste on bathroom floor and that is what he did with it. Cross with DD!!!

Italiangreyhound Sun 16-Feb-14 22:17:23

thecatneuterer thanks for replying.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 16-Feb-14 22:24:32

I can't find any info on toothpaste being fatal to him.

I'd wipe him with a damp cloth.

Italiangreyhound Sun 16-Feb-14 22:25:28

Thansk Fluffy have done so. He seems calmer.

cozietoesie Sun 16-Feb-14 22:32:30

Fluoride is the dodgy stuff if enough of it is ingested. It sounds to me, though, as if he spent time playing with it and smearing it so I'd just wipe (which you've done) and get him to eat and drink if you can.

(And a stern-ish lecture for DD.)

Italiangreyhound Sun 16-Feb-14 23:36:37

Have lectured DD! She is cheeky! The fact the tops were on the toothpaste tubes means I knew it was not the cat!!!!

cozietoesie Sun 16-Feb-14 23:39:17

Cheeky now likely means she was really worried then of course.

cozietoesie Mon 17-Feb-14 09:10:14

How is he this morning, Italian ?

Italiangreyhound Mon 17-Feb-14 12:53:54

Thanks Cozie back to normal. Hopefully will have learnt his lesson, cats and toothpaste don't mix! Thanks for asking.

cozietoesie Mon 17-Feb-14 12:58:30

That's good - unless he's weird (and some cats are) he wouldn't really fancy it much so I guess he didn't eat any noticeable quantity.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now