Talk

Advanced search

Help me choose a cool name

(27 Posts)
ConfusedDotty Sun 16-Feb-14 14:13:36

I have acquired a beautiful cat. He was sat on my drive when I came home from work last Tuesday. He has never left since, he comes and goes as he pleases and loves my other cat, they get on great.

I have advertised him in the local paper and I have taken him to my vets, but alas, he is not microchipped.

It was not the best time for him to turn up as we had to have our 8 year old beautiful tabby boy put to sleep on Monday.

He is black and white and is also 8 years old.

I have no idea what to call him. I don't think anyone will come forward for him.

Any suggestions.

hulahoopsilove Sun 16-Feb-14 14:32:25

Eddie

thecatneuterer Sun 16-Feb-14 15:24:49

It's sounds as though it was in fact quite a good time for him to turn up as your existing cat has just lost a companion but has now also gained one.

Names are a very personal thing. I personally like 'people' names myself, like Simon, Nigel, Henry that sort of thing. Or how about Valentine (considering the time of year)?

It's great that you've given him a home.

ConfusedDotty Sun 16-Feb-14 16:21:38

Thanks. That's exactly what the vet said to us, that he's been sent to us as she seen how devasted we were to lose our special tabby.

We do choose real names and not 'cat' type names.

I am sure the right name will come along.

It's just such a shame as someone must desperately be missing him. He's such a loving and trusting boy.

howcomes Mon 17-Feb-14 02:10:57

Jake?

kaatieexox Mon 17-Feb-14 02:48:57

I have a lovely black and white one year old boy called Russell. I didn't choose it but now I couldn't imagine him being called anything else and it suits him perfectly.

DP has a serious man crush on Russell Crowe by the way! hmm

Hodorsbitch Mon 17-Feb-14 04:55:18

Barry; Doug; Brian; Frank or Bruce?grin
grin

NoArmaniNoPunani Mon 17-Feb-14 05:09:33

Clive or Alan

ConfusedDotty Mon 17-Feb-14 13:06:59

Ha ha thanks, some great suggestions here. I might shout them out and see which one he responds to the most.

dunsborough Mon 17-Feb-14 13:14:33

Yes Barry is a great name for a cat. Or Clive. Or David.

StrawberryTartYum Thu 20-Feb-14 00:19:29

We have a theme of drinks names which maybe sounds a little ick but we have two lovely cats Stella (Artois) and (Captain) Morgan which suit them perfectly smile

sashh Thu 20-Feb-14 09:48:16

My little madam started off as 'Mystery Cat', became Mist and now has her own long pompous name complete with title as well as 'Mistico' and 'Her Mistyness'.

How about Otto (Italian for 8) and that means he can have an Italian title, or even a German one, maybe Otto Von Schwarz-Weiß.

His Majesty Gatto Otto Von Schwarz-Weiß, reliever of kitty loss pain.

Actually as he is relieving your pain of losing your kitty maybe Paracetamol?

OK I have just put 'replacement' in google translate, whakakapinga is apparently Maori which would be an awesome name if I could say it.

Wordsaremything Thu 20-Feb-14 20:46:46

Bertie smile

mydoorisalwaysopen Thu 20-Feb-14 21:00:10

how do you know he's 8? Curious how to age a cat.

TiffanyAtBreakfast Fri 21-Feb-14 15:08:34

What about Milo? Don't know why, just like it.

TiffanyAtBreakfast Fri 21-Feb-14 15:10:43

Conrad if he's regal-looking or Fletcher if he's cheeky. Quite cute.

Destinysdaughter Fri 21-Feb-14 15:13:31

Hmmm I don't think we can name him until we've seen what he looks like...

Pics please! smile

Fuzzymum1 Fri 21-Feb-14 18:57:23

We have a very handsome black and white boy called Trevor, our other boys are Freddie, Douglas and Boddington. In the past we had a Murphy.

noitsachicken Fri 21-Feb-14 19:00:44

I knew a lovely B+W cat called Nigel.

FunkyBarnYard Fri 21-Feb-14 19:02:03

Victor

CMOTDibbler Fri 21-Feb-14 19:02:42

My cats have always been called scientist names - my first, much missed cat was called Schrodinger smile

randomfemale Fri 21-Feb-14 19:03:49

Awwww this reminds me of my first ever cat a black and white boy that we named Felix - now no longer with us sadly. I do like proper people names for cats and my four are called Edward, Jessica, Charlotte and Olliver. Edward is often called Eddie, Charlotte is Kitten Kitten and Olliver is Lolly. Not sure why but Jessica is always Jessica smile

3monkeys Fri 21-Feb-14 19:04:57

We've had a Peter, then Steven and Fernando. The second pair named after footballers, I let the children choose hmm

MrsGiraffe12 Mon 24-Feb-14 18:47:00

My little kitty is called Pumpkin :-)

Wineandchoccy Mon 24-Feb-14 18:52:51

As you found him on your Drive how about a car name Austin, Bentley etc or a F1 Driver Nigel, Lewis, Jensen etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now