Talk

Advanced search

Alternative to Royal CaninDry food that is cheaper brand please

(9 Posts)
hulahoopsilove Sun 16-Feb-14 13:27:40

For our kittne Im paying £15 for a 2kg bag or £25 for a 4kg. This seems rather a lot the 2kg I estimate is going to last us another 4 weeks so £15 for 7-8 weeks.

When the kitty increased portion size wont last as long.

Is there an alternative you'd recommend which is much cheaper

thecatneuterer Sun 16-Feb-14 13:42:50

Where are you buying it? Buying online tends to be cheaper. James Wellbeloved is a good one. I buy 10kg bags online for around £39.

hulahoopsilove Sun 16-Feb-14 14:28:12

Originally purchased from the rspca which is fine don't begrudge that but have looked at Pets at home and it is more there. Im assuming the supermarkets don't stock these dry brands - thanks also for your other post on my other thread smile

Gosh 10kg for £39 is fab may try him on this I need to change when he hits 4 months which is in 4 weeks time Im assuming James Wellbeloved do a young cat range - do you buy off their own site?

thecatneuterer Sun 16-Feb-14 15:14:12

I normally buy from either www.petsupermarket.com or zooplus or petplanet - they all seem to have regular offers so I compare each one whenever I buy (and then buy 60kg at a time - but that's just because I have a huge number of catssmile )

GemmaTeller Sun 16-Feb-14 15:18:13

Have a look at Petmeds and Animed.

I buy Royal Canin Boxer breed from Animed its about £5.00 cheaper than other sites.

tb Sun 16-Feb-14 17:17:28

I get the Kirkland own brand dried food from Costco. It's a huge sack and (from memory) quite a bit under £20.

A vet's nurse who used to cat sit for us reckoned it was Iams.

A local refuge refused to take it as a donation until they read the nutritional analysis, and then snatched it out of our hands in case we changed our minds grin

issey6cats Sun 16-Feb-14 23:26:15

i feed my mob harringtons dry biscuits its £4.98 for 2kgs size bag from asda and is the only one that my jasper tuxie does not lob straight back up after eating it, i have four cats and this size bag lasts one week and small kibble so suitable for small mouths i fed the feral foster kittens this as well at 6 weeks old and they loved it

Fuzzymum1 Fri 21-Feb-14 18:36:16

We also use harringtons - I buy 4 bags a month from amazon which costs me £15ish - that feeds 5 of my 7 with the occasional meal for one of the others who is refusing to give up his kitten food at the moment.

catameringue Sat 22-Feb-14 14:33:33

Try zooplus bulk buying if you can afford it. Expensive the first month but you won't need to buy food for ages.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now