Talk

Advanced search

Bombproof felines

(16 Posts)
Lovethesea Tue 11-Feb-14 20:19:02

We had 6 kids round after school .... A shrieking 1 year old, two very loud 3 year olds and three 5 year olds. In costumes. Playing discos. Roaring like dinosaurs. All the time my two rescue cats sat in the lounge calmly snoozing on the sofa, watching the play, investigating the toys and taking any attention with aplomb.

This is huntercat who brought us a blackbird this week and adores outside, and feisty Tortie who scares DH.

The cat flap is never shut, all doors were open, the sun was shining but no, they chose bedlam and were content.

Anyone else got cats like this?

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 11-Feb-14 20:50:14

No mine goes out as soon as visitors arrive, he freaks out if the doorbell rings and we are both in the house.

Enjoy it.

RandomMess Tue 11-Feb-14 20:51:23

Yep our two are like that, more people (even little ones) means more hands for stroking!

tb Sun 16-Feb-14 17:37:32

We get very noisy air force jets flying low over the house.

2 cats
1 from the gorges nearly shat himself, the other, having grown up in leafy Cheshire under the flight path for the second runway at Manchester airport, gave him a disgusted look that said 'it's only a plane you moron'.

Lovethesea Sun 16-Feb-14 20:02:54

Strangely the giant tabby fearless hunter is convinced the Hoover is out to get him and is very wary of it. The Tortie just gives it the evil eye if it gets too close but never budges.

Migsy1 Sun 16-Feb-14 21:27:51

One of my cats will just sit by and watch the bedlam around her. She doesn't seem bothered but the other will run and hide.

RandomMess Sun 16-Feb-14 21:34:31

The only things that make mine move is the hoover and the hair dryer.

They both evil eye me and them as I get them out etc. etc. I turn either appliance on, they glare for 30-60 secs then slink off in disgust to just outside the room confused weirdos.

umiaisha Sun 16-Feb-14 22:34:23

Ours is never more than a couple of feet away from the kids no matter how noisy or rough their games get.

DS (2) is constantly picking her up and chasing her but she seems to revel in the attention - strange creature!

cozietoesie Sun 16-Feb-14 22:38:01

.....'it's only a plane you moron'.......

Love it.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 16-Feb-14 22:39:07

She looks gorgeous umiaisha, total sweetie.

cozietoesie Sun 16-Feb-14 22:42:54

Oh I've just seen the photos of her umiaisha- she's lovely! (She looks much bigger in the first picture: it must be a trick of the eye with the cushion.)

JonSnowKnowsNothing Sun 16-Feb-14 22:43:43

I have 2 cats - one takes himself off the second anyone knocks on the door.
The other positively loves human contact. I recently had a dinner party type thing and 2 cuntish guests started a "heated discussion." It was bloody awful and I was seriously unhappy about the evening being ruined...but the bloody tortie cat just sat there on the sofa armrest looking from one to the other with interest... No fear, nothing!
Both, however, loathe the hoover!

JonSnowKnowsNothing Sun 16-Feb-14 22:45:27

What a stunning cat, umiaisha! Absolutely beautiful.

RandomMess Mon 17-Feb-14 10:24:06

One of ours has been known to be kitted out in various build a bear clothes. He and dc4 adore each other, he gets cross with her when she's late to bed as it's snuggle time in bed with her. Walks around the upstairs calling very loudly for her. The other problem is if he happens to go out for an evening stroll when it's her bedtime as she finds it so hard to get to sleep without him now shock

umiaisha Mon 17-Feb-14 20:54:26

Thanks all! Biased of course, but we think she is beautiful and most importantly she has a lovely temprement. Think her tolerance to noise and boisterous children has been helped by the fact that her breeder had 2 very hyper kids, lots of cats and 2 rottweilers!

She is not keen on being picked up, but makes an exception for DD who carts her around slung over her shoulder.

Have put a couple more pictures on as she has grown so much since the last ones were taken.

JonSnowKnowsNothing Mon 17-Feb-14 21:33:04

Oh just LOOOOK! She looks peach and grey - I've never seen a cat with that colouring before. Mine has the same scattered markings as yours but is the more traditional brown, cream and ginger mix.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now