Talk

Advanced search

My little man

(14 Posts)
feelinlucky Mon 10-Feb-14 17:28:20

Appears to be off his food. I got home and he barely touched his food. I put some fresh food out and he had a tiny nibble then came and say on my legs. He's purring away as usual. Should I be worried?

feelinlucky Mon 10-Feb-14 17:28:46

Sat not say smile

PinklePurr Mon 10-Feb-14 17:31:12

If he's otherwise OK in his little furry self I'd say don't worry but keep a close eye on him.

feelinlucky Mon 10-Feb-14 17:43:27

Yes, he's purring away and giving me lots of kisses and cuddles smile

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 10-Feb-14 17:52:06

He might have already eaten. Nothing tastes better than another cats whiskas.

feelinlucky Mon 10-Feb-14 18:02:30

Fluffy he's not gone out yet. He's only a baby of 6 months. He's tucked up under my chin. I think he's just fine. I'll keep my eye on him.

crazynanna Mon 10-Feb-14 18:04:37

My girl has always had days when she doesn't bother with her food, or just eats her dry and not her wet, or vice versa.

cozietoesie Mon 10-Feb-14 18:45:28

And are you sure he didn't catch himself some afternoon tea while you were out? wink

feelinlucky Mon 10-Feb-14 19:11:20

Cozie, he's a home kitty. He's not been out yet. He's ok. He's not moved off me. I'm happy with that smile

cozietoesie Mon 10-Feb-14 19:16:35

Mice.

grin

(But if he's cheerful and lively he's probably just not hungry.)

feelinlucky Mon 10-Feb-14 19:27:16

Oh dear lord!!! Don't even say that! No mice!!!!!! No! I simply won't have it. You don't really think it could be mice do you? Surely there would be some remnants?

cozietoesie Mon 10-Feb-14 19:29:57

No, No - completely and absolutely unlikely!

He probably just wasn't hungry. Growing up and all.

cozietoesie Mon 10-Feb-14 19:31:42

PS - but look on the bright side. In the (highly unlikely) event of you having had a mouse, the fact that it was no more would be a good signal of his future prowess, eh?

smile

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 10-Feb-14 19:36:24

My ndn had "moles" once and called pest controll, the cat caught a mouse in one of our cupboards a short time later and also killed a couple overnight that I had thought he'd bought in alive to play with later.

Ndn had no mole hills and I could see all of her lawns.

No droppings or anything, no signs we had mice.

But it's most likely nothing and he will be mugging you for food every time you go in the kitchen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now