Talk

Advanced search

Wainwrights Cat Food

(10 Posts)
MadHattersHat Wed 22-Jan-14 10:33:17

I'm in the process of changing my 2 cats' food after realising how bad Whiskers is. I've heard great things about JamesWellBeloved so I went to pick some up yesterday. However, I was then pointed in the direction of Wainwrights. It's a little more expensive but is currently on offer.

I'd not heard of it until yesterday, so just wondered if anyone had tried it and can give me an opinion on it?

issey6cats Wed 22-Jan-14 17:00:03

i havent tried it i feed mine butchers classic which is £2.78 for six tins from asda and is no cereal high meat content or asdas own fish in jelly which is £5.60 for 12 tins which same thing is no cereal high fish content

MadHattersHat Wed 22-Jan-14 17:06:31

Thanks for replying Issey. I'll give Butchers classic a look up when I next go shopping. I think I'm going to have to give Asda's fish in jelly a miss - one can't stand it and one is quite finicky with eating it.

Mendeleyev Wed 22-Jan-14 21:51:43

Just moved our kitten onto it as she appears to be unable to have wheat in her diet (or something else -haven't worked out what causes the nasty stinky poos and farts). She is tolerating it well. Seems to like it, as does fat lad. And it has stopped the stench.

MadHattersHat Wed 22-Jan-14 22:56:58

Thanks for that Mendal! Argh so many options with what's good and remembering what's not.

Pipbin Wed 22-Jan-14 23:18:58

Wainrights is Pets at Home's own brand.

Ours is on James Wellbeloved but only because that is what she was eating when she was at the RSCPA.

MadHattersHat Wed 22-Jan-14 23:45:36

Thanks for that Pipbin. Not sure if I'll go with Wainwrights then. I'm not going to be visiting my local in a hurry again. I posted in aibu about a rabbit being without water and their rude reply. I know not all PAH are all the same though, so I could order it online if needs be.

I think it's going to be a bit of a trial for them. I'll give both recommendations of Butchers and James WellBeloved a go.

Thanks for all your help! smile

Darmont Thu 23-Jan-14 07:05:19

Hi, I tried wainwrights with our cat (1) as she has dry, lots of water and a bit of fresh sometimes. For some reason she wouldn't touch it, so now have Arden Grange which is wheat free, which she eats no problem.

TamzinGrey Fri 24-Jan-14 07:17:59

My fussy old girl enjoys James Wellbeloved but we've recently discovered Vets Kitchen which she likes even better. It's produced by a vet and contains loads of beneficial ingredients. I like the fact that even the treats are healthy and that there is therefore no daily limit. She actually likes their treats better than dreamies, which really is saying something.

Here's a link to their website which has a list of suppliers. www.petskitchen.co.uk/Pets'-Kitchen-Online-Shop-Vet's-Kitchen/c21_4/index.html

I get mine from Zooplus.

SJLG Tue 18-Feb-14 12:49:34

I have just started my cat on Wainwrights Lamb dry food. She is so fussy and can't eat any chicken as she gets flaky skin. I am so impressed with the composition of the product. Loads of brands add chicken to all flavours. She loves it, her coat is glossy and smooth and she is more spritely than she has been for ages, waking me up too early for her breakfast!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now