Can cats out grow a cat flap!?

(13 Posts)
Italiangreyhound Sun 29-Sep-13 01:27:27

We paid a rather whopping £170 off quid to get two cat flaps and have them fitted as had two doors that needed to be accessed. One is a chip operated the other a bog standard old fashioned flap.

Our ginger tom has gone from a kitten the size of a guinee pig to an almost adult looking cat in just under 5 months. Am now worried he will out grow cat flat! I don't think they make bigger ones and we can't afford it anyway do they just cope??

Thanks

thecatneuterer Sun 29-Sep-13 01:29:48

Two of my cats are hugely fat (I'm so ashamed - I'm such a bad cat mother) but anyway they both manage to get through a standard flap (and really there can't be many cats bigger than them). It's a bit of a squeeze but they manage it

Mogz Sun 29-Sep-13 08:39:47

If he can get his head through it he'll be fine. Both our cats are bigger than average but use the microchip cat flap.

readysteady Sun 29-Sep-13 08:46:41

They can out fat a cat flap smile

cozietoesie Sun 29-Sep-13 08:51:47

Naughty TCN. How did they get so podgy?

cozietoesie Sun 29-Sep-13 08:59:56

Listed as notfunny - and they really aren't. These guys might have trouble with a flap but I'm sure yours aren't in the same state, Italian.

Italiangreyhound Sun 29-Sep-13 09:51:31

Cozie those can't be real!!!!

Italiangreyhound Sun 29-Sep-13 09:52:05

No mine s svelte compared to those!

cozietoesie Sun 29-Sep-13 09:56:44

I fear they are.

Admittedly extreme examples but I seem to recall Lonecat commenting on the number of overweight cats around.

I'm glad your boy is svelte in comparison.

Sparklingbrook Sun 29-Sep-13 10:00:47

i don't get the over weight cat thing. I thought they controlled their eating.

But they do exist.

DidoTheDodo Sun 29-Sep-13 16:43:23

Next door's cat (rather a portly old fellow, RIP) was seen pottering round his garden wearing his cat flap as a rather fetching belt!

MrsMongoose Sun 29-Sep-13 16:46:55

Nah my cats are huge and they still fit. Cats are good and squeezing through places, your flap will be fine.

Italiangreyhound Wed 02-Oct-13 21:47:42

Thanks so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now