Talk

Advanced search

Any tips on how to entertain kitty when not there?

(6 Posts)
Italiangreyhound Sun 19-May-13 12:38:48

I am just about to take possessin of a ginger tom kitty (or will he take possesion of me!). I do work part time but am home more than I than I am at work.

Any tips on how to entertain kitty when not there, what to leave him, fancy scratching pole??

Apparently he sleeps a lot at moment but has a mad half hour now and again! So am hopingto have that mad half an hour at breakfast time. Is it worth getting a friend to pop in got as a cuddle with him when I am working a longer day, or would that just confuse him!

Thanks so much.

cozietoesie Sun 19-May-13 13:06:04

My personal experience is that they adjust their schedule to yours - as long as, overall, they're getting good attention and play - and as long as you're not regularly away from home too too long. I'd see how it goes on that basis - and I don't think I'd get a friend to pop in unless you find that he's extra particular about his tray, or his food will need refreshing.

Well done on the ginger tom. I love them. How old will he be?

Italiangreyhound Sun 19-May-13 13:18:58

Thanks Cozie you have been such a help. He will be 8 weeks and 2 days when he comes to like chez us. We are so very excited and have started buying for him. The pet shop said to keep him in for a while and we got a little harness and lead so we can take him out but not let him out. Am now terrrified he will wander. Now need to find a good fabulours but cheap scratching post!

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 19-May-13 20:06:06

Ping pong balls make good toys until you tread on them.

Is he all vaccinated before you start taking him out?

deliasmithy Mon 20-May-13 14:52:39

Mine sleep when I'm not there and wait by the door for when I get home. They save all their bad behaviour for me too!

Mine like cardboard boxes to chew and my bed to sleep on. I leave food and a washing up bowl of water in case I have to stay late at work.

QueenStromba Mon 20-May-13 20:52:02

When my girl is having a mad half hour she tends to entertain herself - she's 15 though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now