Talk

Advanced search

Outdoor cat house advice?

(3 Posts)
formerdiva Sun 19-May-13 10:13:37

I'd like to get my 2 cats an outdoor house. I want it to be warm and comfortable, as they're only going to be allowed inside when they're with us (possibly have it bolted onto DH's shed so we an run a power supply into it for heated mats)

Any recommendations of a good design, or any advice that may help?

I know some people will think I'm wrong to do this so a bit of back story: I've had my 2 cats for 8 years, after getting them both from an animal rescue centre. The Tom has always weed in the house, and I've at last had enough. The final straw is that he's learnt after all of this time to get on to the kitchen work top and has started doing it there, as well as on the flor and against the cupboards. We don't have a utility room or anywhere in the house where I can tolerate cat wee, I've seen several vets, tried feliway etc etc so please don't think this is a heartless decision.

thecatneuterer Sun 19-May-13 17:19:44

I don't think it's a heartless decision either.

There are lots of purpose built cat chalets you can buy - just google 'cat chalets' or 'cat kennels'. Some are wood and some are plastic. Of course if you're going to have it attached to the house you might just want to get a builder to construct something for you, but the cat chalets designs online might give you inspiration.

formerdiva Sun 19-May-13 20:12:52

That's so helpful - I didn't realise they were called chalets. Have re-googled them and found a lovely one on ebay. And thank you for not flaming me (which I was a little bit worried about!) smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now