Talk

Advanced search

He's lost his voice :(

(7 Posts)
eminemmerdale Fri 17-May-13 14:27:39

After all my posts moaning about FatCat being incredibly noisy - he's now lost his miaw sad he started being a bit croaky and squeaky a couple of days ago and now is almost silent when he tries to miaw. In every other the way he is the same, still eating, playing, going outside etc. What's happened??!!

cozietoesie Fri 17-May-13 14:55:30

Is his throat/neck at all tender if you touch it? And is he up to date on all his jabs?

gindrinker Fri 17-May-13 15:20:33

Gin cat has been known to meow so much in her cat box she looses her voice.
Has Fat cat been shouting?

eminemmerdale Fri 17-May-13 15:35:46

throat and neck seem fine. And he has been shouting since the day we got him grin

QueenStromba Fri 17-May-13 15:37:04

I'd be tempted to take him to the vet but then I am a worrier.

eminemmerdale Fri 17-May-13 16:10:51

sad I have had a quick google and the concensus seems to be it's probably either just he's lost his voice though being a noisy sod (and god was he noisy!) or a URI. I'll keep an eye and take him if he looks like he's gettng worse in other wys. It's just so weird though!

deliasmithy Mon 20-May-13 14:58:58

Number one cat used to yell all the time but stopped after we got number two cat. Number two cat squeaks about once a month when excited but is generally mute. Except for this weekend when she thinks she is on heat. I miss mute cat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now