Talk

Advanced search

Odd tail

(8 Posts)
bigpaws Thu 16-May-13 12:31:50

I think a visit to the vets is looking likely, but....
My cat has developed a very bizarre floppy tail. Seems slightly swollen about an inch down from his back/tail. I'm not aware he has damaged it at home.

Any suggestions? He doesn't seem to be in pain, however he clearly doesn't like me touching it. Still purring; eating; wanting fuss etc.

Poor Boy hmm

cozietoesie Thu 16-May-13 12:33:28

Yep - it's the vet and pretty quickly as well. Sounds as if it could even be a break. Does he go outside the house?

Let us know how he gets on.

RedwingWinter Thu 16-May-13 16:34:55

I agree with cozie - your cat needs to see the vet. There are several possible causes (including a broken tail, like cozie says) and tail injuries need to be seen. Do come back and let us know how you get on, and I hope your boy gets well soon.

bigpaws Thu 16-May-13 16:53:30

He is booked in at the vets for 5.30 tonight. He has become quite miserable this afternoon, so he must be feeling pretty rough. I will let you know how it goes hmm

Lonecatwithkitten Thu 16-May-13 19:13:12

Swelling and painful floppy tail my money's on an abscess.

bigpaws Thu 16-May-13 19:14:50

2 injections and a course of antibiotics. Looks like it is an infection from a car accident or fight. X-ray next week if still no improvement. Poor little fella. He looks so sorry for himself. Lots of hugs and treats tonight wink

cozietoesie Thu 16-May-13 19:35:04

He's grounded, I take it?

Pleased it's not too bad.

RedwingWinter Thu 16-May-13 20:19:42

Aw poor little guy. Hopefully the antibiotics will do the trick. I guess he is grounded til he's better but hopefully he won't need an X-ray and will be back to normal soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now