Talk

Advanced search

Oh FGS our porch has been sprayed AGAIN

(18 Posts)
Sparklingbrook Mon 13-May-13 08:43:56

We have a porch with a door. Sparkling Cat has her cushion and bed in there, and we leave the door ajar for her to get in.

It reeks this morning. This is the 3rd time now. The only thing is I can't find where the spray is to scrub it. confused

Humph. Stinky neighbourhood cats.

cozietoesie Mon 13-May-13 08:50:05

I hate that stench. Catflap on the porch door?

cozietoesie Mon 13-May-13 08:53:04

PS - I'll lay you modest odds it's actually the bed and/or cushion.

Sparklingbrook Mon 13-May-13 09:00:23

Mmm. I thought about the cat flap but it doesn't even get her into the house, She has one into the garage where she also has a bed.

In the mornings I let her out 6amish then leave the porch door open a bit (sliding one) and that's when it happens.

I am going to have to go for a sniff aren't I? sad I thought it would be running down the walls the pong in there. Her bed is one of those igloos made of wicker. sad

cozietoesie Mon 13-May-13 09:01:06

PPS

(And with a caveat - I've never used one of these.)

cat urine detectors

Sparklingbrook Mon 13-May-13 09:02:58

Oh wow cozie I never knew such a thing existed. shock

cozietoesie Mon 13-May-13 09:03:18

Take the bed outside and see if the pong disperses at all. Wicker would absorb liquid otherwise I would have thought you would see the sticky traces somewhere.

Sounds like another cat flap to me though I'm afraid.

Sparklingbrook Mon 13-May-13 09:03:53

I am going in........

cozietoesie Mon 13-May-13 09:06:27

Oh my!

Just noticed you said 'sliding door'. I'll leave you to the tender mercies of other posters on the possibilities of a flap on those.

Sparklingbrook Mon 13-May-13 09:15:11

thecatneuterer has one so it is possible. But DH will be hmm as she already has the one into the garage.

Well I have sniffed and sniffed and I think it's the bedding outside the igloo. I waved to the neighbours as I picked the igloo up and stuck my head in. blush

I have removed everything bedwise into the garden and closed the porch up. I am off out shortly so will be sniffing when I get back. grin

cozietoesie Mon 13-May-13 09:59:18

Tell DH it's a cat flap or he has to scrub it up. winkgrin

RandomMess Mon 13-May-13 10:01:19

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew stop leaving the porch door open!

Sparklingbrook Mon 13-May-13 14:40:21

But Sparkling Cat's igloo and beds are in there Random. sad

Well all bedding is on a hot wash and the porch no longer smells. I think we will have to try and keep the door shut in the mornings though as that's when it happens. sad

cozietoesie Mon 13-May-13 14:52:45

Best of luck!

Sparklingbrook Mon 13-May-13 14:54:33

Thanks. smile She was out from 6am -9am this morning. She has been asleep on our bed since coming in the lazy thing. grin

Porch looks very neat without all the cat stuff.

cozietoesie Mon 13-May-13 15:05:11

Asleep since 9am ??? The lazy madam.

grin

RandomMess Mon 13-May-13 16:13:00

She we have to learn to knock to be let back in grin

Sparklingbrook Mon 13-May-13 17:03:08

Yes, a moggie doorbell. grin She is now lay stretched out in the sun where the bedding used to be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now