Talk

Advanced search

My boy wheezy and tired

(5 Posts)
alicetrefusis Sun 12-May-13 20:02:14

Hope someone can shed some light. My boy Alice Cat has always been a bit wheezy. He was sneezy when I adopted him from CPL and has had recurrent chest infections since. (Jabs up to date).

He also comes home with wounds from fighting ( he's neutered) . I've seen what happens - he's challenged by other cats but doesn't back down and eventually is attacked - then he gets abscesses which I bathe with warm saline and if necesary get a course of anti b's.

The last week or so he's been a bit wheezy. no wounds, but incredibly sleepy. Am worried as he's usually v active. He still has a very good appetite though. Could worms do this?

Lonecatwithkitten Sun 12-May-13 20:46:22

There are several different things that can cause this none of them worms. I would suggest he sees your vet soon. Has he had an x-ray? Asthma is very common in cats.

alicetrefusis Mon 13-May-13 19:17:11

Yes, he has been x-rayed and also had a little lump removed from his throat.
Today he is sneezing as well as wheezy. I think it's back to the vet time sad

alicetrefusis Mon 13-May-13 19:18:36

Yes, he has been x-rayed and also had a little lump removed from his throat.
Today he is sneezing as well as wheezy. I think it's back to the vet time sad

SoupDragon Mon 13-May-13 19:20:03

I have a very sneezy snuffly cat. In her case it's because she had cat flu as a kitten, before I adopted her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now