Talk

Advanced search

Oh god , Oh god , Help please

(13 Posts)
crazydrunkevilhamster Sun 12-May-13 12:48:23

I can't find one of the kittens , they were locked in one room through the night and now one is not here , I have looked everywhere & I don't know what to do

cozietoesie Sun 12-May-13 12:56:33

How old was it, crazy ? And did the other cats have any access?

cozietoesie Sun 12-May-13 13:02:05

Sorry - I know you said she was hiding them. Have you really checked everywhere because they can be very ingenious ?

There is another possibility. as a first time young mother who may have felt her territory threatened but you need to check every square inch of the house first.

In the meantime (while you're checking) I'm afraid I would take the other kittens away and put them in a box (warm with, say, a fleece and a hottie underneath) in a room by themselves.

cozietoesie Sun 12-May-13 13:03:14

Only a medium warm hottie and not a really hot hottie.

CarpeVinum Sun 12-May-13 13:09:00

Check under any covers, in the tinies of spaces.

Could kitten or mum plus kitten in mouth have shot past you without noticing when you went in ?

If so extend to a whole house search.

Make the house really quiet, no diswasher, telly, close all windows and go around listening really hard.

If it makes you feel any better I lost a full sized cat from a closed bedroom when we moved here. We searched, extended to the house, assumed she must have slipped past and wandered out of thenhouse so conducted a field wide sesrch.

I went to bed in tears, only to pull back the covers and find her cowering there. She was well upset by the move and went super-hidey.

There was no perceptible bump, she was like pancaked under the duvet.

Agree with all of Cosie's suggestion.

She is the cat whisperer, and make suggestions well worth following.

cozietoesie Sun 12-May-13 13:11:44

I hare to mention this, crazy, but also keep an eye open for any 'messe' anywhere. Maybe you'll find the kit quickly and it won't be a problem.

cozietoesie Sun 12-May-13 13:12:20

messes

<sighs>

crazydrunkevilhamster Sun 12-May-13 13:13:33

Thanks everybody, I found her in the unit im just trying to figure out how she managed to open the door on the unit confused

cozietoesie Sun 12-May-13 13:18:25

Phew!! I thought we were going to have a really bad day there for a moment.

They can decide to put their kits in the most extraordinary places, crazy. One of my cats (the famous 'Cheeky') decided that she wanted her kits to stay in the top left hand shelf of my father's massive 12 ft high Victorian bookcase. As she was living in the greenhouse at the time it meant carrying them one by one, up and over three roof ridges, in an 8 inch gap at the top of the large window (which she'd had to scale) and up 11 ft of the bookcase.

Pater gave in when he found them.

CarpeVinum Sun 12-May-13 13:25:27

Oh thank god!

Like Cosie I was unhappily considering wether I should mention...the unmentionable.

revolvinghatred Sun 12-May-13 13:32:44

Good news smile

cozietoesie Sun 12-May-13 13:33:49

One small thought - and yes it's related to Cheeky - if she really likes the unit and it's in the right room, why not clear any valuable stuff out of there (ie stuff which might be damaged and you wouldn't want to have to bin) put an old fleece or coverlet in and leave the door very slightly ajar.

I'm just thinking that if she's a 'kitten mover' (as some are) then at least that way you'd know where they were. They can be darned determined at times.

cozietoesie Sun 12-May-13 13:35:26

PS - that's if it's safe for crawling kitten eg the lowest level of the unit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now