Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Are micro chip cqt flaps worth it ???

(8 Posts)
crazydrunkevilhamster Fri 10-May-13 16:42:22

Going to be getting a cat flap next week just haven't a clue which to get as their are so many .
Must be able to go on a double glazed door with plastic panneling not glass , will I need one of the extension bits ? , which is the best to get and where from ?
confused

changeforthebetter Fri 10-May-13 16:46:44

No idea but watching with interest as Changecats get older they may need more access to the house. At the moment they can go out but have to be let in because of past form for nearly-dead-rodent imports confused

StuntNun Fri 10-May-13 16:55:08

We have the Pet Porte cat flap. My BIL managed to get someone to fit his into their double-glazed back door (he's in South East) but I couldn't get anyone in Northern Ireland to do that so we had a piece of glass made with a cutout of the required size (£50).Then we just needed a joiner to fit the panel - can't remember how much it cost but it wasn't too much. The only other alternative would have been to put the cat flap through the wall which would have required an extension tunnel and tbh our cat is too big for that, she only just fits through the cat flap as is (she's a large beer of cat btw, not fat!)

StuntNun Fri 10-May-13 16:55:47

Large breed of cat, not beer!

StuntNun Fri 10-May-13 16:57:00

Oh and it doesn't just detect your cat's microchip, it has multiple settings e.g. you can set it to not let them out at night, only in.

RockySpeed Fri 10-May-13 17:09:14

Totally worth it grin best £60 we've spent for ages! DH fitted it easily into our UPVC backdoor and we've not had another cat in our house (apart from our own two of course) for years

RockySpeed Fri 10-May-13 17:10:01

Oops forgot to add, we didn't use any extension bits, just what came in the box

crazydrunkevilhamster Fri 10-May-13 20:09:53

Rocky where did you purchase yours from as I can't find them for less than £75 .
Thankfully my neighbour is a window fitter so is going to fit it for £20

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now