Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Evil Cat has gone missing :(

(69 Posts)
BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Fri 10-May-13 15:38:53

She went out last night at 9, I called her at 10 for 20 mins, nothing.

I called her this morning, walked around the local area, looked in front gardens, nothing.

Need to wait til neighbours get home and ask then to check sheds etc.

She doesn't stray, is a homebody and hates the rain, refuses to go out in it (has rained all night and most of today)

Looking back she was sick a few days ago (chucked up her food, no fur) but then ate all subsequent food offered. Then last night she was hyper and acting strangely - she doesn't "do" mad kitten running/hiding etc but she was last night, I thoufht it was funny but now I'm concerned it was something more sinister.
I'm very worried. She's micro chipped so had she been taken to a vet id know by now.

She may be evil but she's my little ball of furry evil and I'm very worried sad I hope she's just trapped somewhere and not injured or ill sad

cozietoesie Fri 10-May-13 16:18:52

Fingers crossed for you BrianCox. Is she neutered ? (In case she's out on the razzle.)

secretscwirrels Fri 10-May-13 16:38:08

Oh dear another one. Secretcat disappeared a couple of weeks ago. He was away 24 hours, quite out of character. I did all the stuff you did, and a neighbour had locked him in a barn.
Hope he turns up soon.

cozietoesie Fri 10-May-13 16:41:23

Yes - if it's anything to give hope, BrianCox, there have been a half dozen or so cats on the board recently that have gone missing and I think they all got back to their people. (One by the skin of her teeth admittedly - but she got back.)

BriansBrain Fri 10-May-13 16:43:26

I have my fingers crossed for you and your evil fluff ball

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Fri 10-May-13 16:45:59

that's good to know.

she is neutered so she's not that kind of cat wink

The Ginger Moron is pacing from room to room looking for her (to have a play fight with, he's not fretting grin )

Hurry up neighbours! none of them get home before 6, Gah!

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Fri 10-May-13 16:46:25

thanks Brian!

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 10-May-13 22:18:33

No news?

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Fri 10-May-13 22:22:57

no sad

I knocked on 5 houses either side (she rarely went further) and they all checked gardens and sheds - nothing sad

I'm printing off leaflets tomorrow (no printer or paper here) and will post in the next street along.

I keep opening the back door for Ginger Moron and the dog and expecting EC to be there, am very sad and DD is really sad too.

On top of this (and much more seriously) my nan is very ill in hospital.

oh and I've a 6 week old baby.

I should be in bed (DS is sparko!) but keep checking for EC.

cozietoesie Fri 10-May-13 22:29:00

Speak to the postie tomorrow if she hasn't turned up yet - they really do see what's going on on their beat.

Chin up. A lot on your plate it sounds like.

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Fri 10-May-13 22:38:16

good idea cozie thanks.

I have to get to bed, half 1 feed looms!

thanks x

Jynxed Fri 10-May-13 22:39:05

Fingers crossed for you and hoping for a quick return!

ExitPursuedByABear Fri 10-May-13 22:40:46

Oh dear. Hope she turns up brian

Sparklingbrook Sat 11-May-13 10:14:51

Sorry to hear this Brian. What's up with MN cats at the moment? I hope she turns up soon. x

cozietoesie Sat 11-May-13 10:33:40

I think they've all gone stir crazy with the long cold winter and any hint of spring or summer (birds fluttering around, smells, attractive (!) toms/girls coming calling, sunshine etc etc) and they all go gaga. Who can say - but there certainly appears to be something in the air at the moment.

Sparklingbrook Sat 11-May-13 10:39:32

I really think there is cozie. They are all going off to explore, and put the wind up their owners. sad

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Sat 11-May-13 11:58:05

still no sign, got her description up on Animal Welfare FB for our area and going to do some leaflets shortly.

Every time I open the back door I expect to see her sad.

Sparklingbrook Sat 11-May-13 12:11:33

That feeling is just horrible Brian. You think if you go out the cat will be there when you get back, you open the curtains and expect them to be there.

Hopefully the leaflets will bring news. x

SchroSawMargeryDaw Sat 11-May-13 12:14:33

I hope CoxCat turns up soon. sad

I posted this the other week, turned out my cat had been stuck behind wood and boxes in a room in the house for about 24 hours.

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Sat 11-May-13 18:13:05

Leaflets posted, couple stuck on lamp posts, have offered £20 reward (local kids will make it their mission to find her for the reward hopefully!)

I've been out most of the day, was convinced is see her waiting when we got home, but no sad

Schro - I've checked all nooks and crannies here but will treble check, just for peace of mind.

hellymelly Sat 11-May-13 18:18:03

Would the dog look for her? I found my missing cat only because when I was hunting in the garden of the empty next door house, my dog scratched at a slab on top of some rubble. He had slunk underneath, he'd been quite badly injured by glass or razor wire. Cats hide up when in pain or ill and can get into small spaces. My cat always meowed when called but this time I was close by and he didn't make any noise until he saw me.

greenhill Sat 11-May-13 18:26:40

Hope evil cat turns up safe, well and pleased to see you very soon x

SchroSawMargeryDaw Sat 11-May-13 18:28:11

Brian We checked everywhere and didn't find her, my DGM and DS actually slept in that room all night and didn't know she was there. It was just a pile of old bed bits and boxes that hadn't been sorted since we moved here.

The only reason I found her is because I tried a last ditch attempt shouting in every room for her and waiting, she was really quiet for some reason and I barely even heard her when she did eventually make a noise. sad

I really hope you find her soon, I remember all too well how heartbreaking it was when I thought Salem wasn't coming back.

x

cozietoesie Sat 11-May-13 18:29:59

Sorry CoxCat isn't back yet - at least she's chipped.

Have you checked behind bushes etc in the garden, BrianCox? (Between bushes and eg walls, and at the base of large bushes, is a place they'll often go if they're feeling a bit off.

towicymru Sat 11-May-13 18:33:52

Our cat went missing a few weeks ago. He turned out to have been locked in a neighbours garage. Neighbour had checked briefly but as her dog didn't bark she assumed he wasn't in there. He was stuck for 6 days despite the garage doors being opened several times!! Ask everyone to have a really good look around their sheds/garages just in case. Our cat is absolutely fine although was a bit skittish (and hungry!).

Fingers crossed for you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now