Talk

Advanced search

Call The Fire Brigade !

(10 Posts)
CarpeVinum Thu 09-May-13 16:39:25

which is what I wanted to yell along with GET DOWN LILLY!

Not three minutes after the above she fell. Luckily for her, right in my direction.

Unluckily for me she was using extended claws as some kind of improvised parachute.

I had forgotten how hardcore kittens can be on your nerves once you run out of excuses for not letting them go outside.

Please. Pass. Wine.

Little sod is fast alseep. I'm still jangling and rubbing cream on my wounds

cozietoesie Thu 09-May-13 16:50:36

Little blighter. 'twill be a good lesson for her, hopefully.

CarpeVinum Thu 09-May-13 16:58:54

I'm not feeling it. Not after Lillac-Gate three days ago. Where much the same happened, but at height where I could reach her. Albeit after nosediving in, getting scrathced to buggery by branches and beating off a zilllion pissed off bees.

She is getting WORSE!

Thankfully I do have three mates in the local fire brigade and it will be a nice change for them to come down on a cat rescue mission instead of me running around like a headless chickenin the garden squawking "fire! FIRE. FIRE!"

This is my last cat.

I am not sure I'll survive her antics long enough to be her late human.

I know I'll end up a precarious ladder at some point and the last time I went up to rescue a cat (I am looking at YOU Whiskers!) I damn near fell four meters to earth. In the dark. Holding an open tin of cat food. With a very sharp edge.

Why do we love them so much when they are so much trouble?

cozietoesie Thu 09-May-13 17:18:03

Get a spray gun. If she associates going up trees with getting wet (you keeping mum rather than yelling at her) then she might change her tune.

cozietoesie Thu 09-May-13 17:19:08

PS - allied with going inside and cooking roast meat with all those good wafting smells. She'll start to feel silly after a while - so let her stew.

CarpeVinum Thu 09-May-13 19:53:26

Oh I can't spray her, she'll be so hurt!

On the other hand I am all scratched by branches and claws

<adds water pistol to the shopping list>

The roasting meat is a good plan. I can put little chickens in so the whiff lovely quick sharp, and then tempt her away from perils with bits of succulant roast hen.

She'll end up as wide as she is tall, so that should help put the kybosh on more climbing adventures grin

She isn't looking very sorry at all. In fact she is all grumpy cos it is dusk and she isn't allowed out this late. Much to her yowly disgust.

Oh god, I luffs her best of all. She can twist me around her little paw. I love bedtime. She still hasn't graduated to sleeping downstairs with the other cars cos I like her all cuddled up under the covers with me. It's like sleeping with a small coffee pot bubbling away all night.

((((((((((Lilly))))))))))

CarpeVinum Thu 09-May-13 19:54:34

cats, not cars, I do not provide a dormitary for cars in my living room.

cozietoesie Thu 09-May-13 20:00:22

Thing is that if you pump it up inside the house and keep schtum while you're aiming, she'll come to blame the tree and not you.

CarpeVinum Thu 09-May-13 20:15:56

Cozie

Baldric would trail behind you in a "cunning plan" competition. grin

That's genius.

I will hide behind the apple tree and squirt her as she starts her accent of the LiquidAmber.

ZebraOwl Thu 09-May-13 23:25:41

See things like this make me mind having agoraphobic cats even less. Because that'd be my blond!cat. While his brother meyowled frantically for me to Get Him Down From There and/or decided to follow him up.

Glad Lilly was ok. Luckily it's the right time of year for waterpistols etc to be sold cheaply. Good luck with making her think that trees = getting soggy grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now