Talk

Advanced search

Washing the cat's teddy

(8 Posts)
Aranea Fri 19-Apr-13 11:19:39

The cat has a much-loved teddy which she cuddles in her basket. It is starting to look a bit disgusting... Does anyone know if it's ok to wash it, or will I kill the magic?

mrs2cats Fri 19-Apr-13 11:25:01

Interesting. Hoping someone will come along and know for sure.

I've washed the cat's bedding and blankets etc without a problem so I assume there'll be no problem with your cat's teddy.

thecatneuterer Fri 19-Apr-13 11:55:21

I'm afraid I've no idea. But I think you're going to have to find out. How about posting a photo of your cat cuddling her teddy? Sounds delightfully cute ...

QueenStromba Fri 19-Apr-13 12:44:43

The blanket mine slept on at Battersea still smells like cat even after a wash. She ignored it as soon as she got here and had duvets to sleep on though so I've no idea if the washing would have bothered her.

I'd say a coldish wash with non bio washing powder (or no washing powder) would be your best bet for keeping the familiar smells on it.

Aranea Fri 19-Apr-13 13:03:47

Good idea, QueenStromba, I will do it without any washing liquid and see if it actually looks any cleaner! Catneuterer, it is v cute but I am nervous about outing myself. She does seem to have quite an intense relationship with her teddy. When she wants to go to sleep she gets into her bed, takes him in her mouth and kneads him, purring loudly. After doing this for a bit she will then settle down to sleep. Do other cats do this? Is he her mum??

cozietoesie Fri 19-Apr-13 13:45:55

Seniorboy has a number of small teddies and they're all washed very regularly because he has the delightful habit of 'dipping' them in his food bowl and then chewing them. If they weren't washed they'd be manky.

In a soft wash, dry in an hour or two and it doesn't seem to affect their appeal at all.

smile

Aranea Fri 19-Apr-13 14:22:57

Thank you cozietosie that's good to know!

Aranea Fri 19-Apr-13 14:35:43

Thank you cozietosie that's good to know!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now