Talk

Advanced search

Am I reacting to cat hairs or do I have fleas??

(6 Posts)
StuffezLaBouche Thu 11-Apr-13 19:41:09

Bugger.
For weeks I've been itching horribly. Generally all over but my forearms are worst. They are COVERED in these small, colourless blisters that itch like crazy. They don't seem to have pinpricks that would indicate bites. On my upper and lower legs I have slightly bigger patches of itchy redness that look a bit dry and flaky. (God I'm attractive, me!) again, no visible pin pricks.

I have searched the kitten's fur religiously and not found any livestock and I haven't seen any on me... What the hell is this?? I am sick of itching!

thecatneuterer Thu 11-Apr-13 19:53:01

As you say it doesn't sound like bites (fleas, bed bugs or otherwise). Have you changed your washing powder/liquid? It sounds like an allergy. I should go to the doctor,

StuffezLaBouche Thu 11-Apr-13 20:03:00

No, I've changed nothing! I think I will have to go to doctor (need to register with one first!) as this is driving me to distraction. My little sister suffers appallingly with eczema and psoriasis, and my dad and brothers with eczema, so I was wondering why I'd been let off the hook!

thecatneuterer Thu 11-Apr-13 20:07:01

You haven't been in close contact with any mangey foxes have you? A lady at our rescue once caught mange from a fox we rescued! It was very nasty indeed .....

StuffezLaBouche Thu 11-Apr-13 20:14:36

Oh god DON'T! I've just returned from a visit to my parents where I've been lambing so god only knows.
I can't help but remember when a poor neglected little boy at my previous school had scabies - we had to send out a letter to all the parents... I'm imagining the letter now.
Dear parents, Miss Bouche is a walking parasite....

thecatneuterer Thu 11-Apr-13 20:17:34

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now