Talk

Advanced search

Collars ...

(17 Posts)
crazydrunkevilhamster Wed 10-Apr-13 00:09:30

Hope I'm not going to bore you all to death grin
Anywho I have trailed everywhere online & I can't find a good quality reflective/glow in the dark collar for my 3 dark grey cats .
I have tried cheapo ones but they just don't reflect as much iyswim .
Just want to be safe if they do go out at night they can be seen as they are very dark. little sods love hiding in the garden when its time to come in
So any ideas other than stick a flashing light on them grin

cozietoesie Wed 10-Apr-13 00:31:03

Treats or tuna etc to come in to. If they don't want to come in no collar on earth is going to make them in my view. smile They have to want to come home.

There are hundreds of collars out there by the way. If you really want one, have you tried the US sites?

Ginformation Wed 10-Apr-13 00:40:12

For great reflective collars try kittycollars.co.uk (on phone sorry, too thick to link). I like the plain white one. They aren't as (snigger) <sparkly> in RL as on the pics. The cats wear them as we live near a main rd.

thecatneuterer Wed 10-Apr-13 00:51:33

If you really must put collars on them please make sure that they are the safety ones (ie snap off). The others ones can cause serious injury and even death. We see it quite often in our clinic.

crazydrunkevilhamster Wed 10-Apr-13 11:23:12

cozietosie I have tried that but it doesn't bother them

catneuterer They do wear the safety collars

Ginformation Great thanks ill have a look

Lonecatwithkitten Wed 10-Apr-13 15:23:25

When I lived in a risky house for my cats to be out at night. I gave them their tea and then shut them in for the night. I feed my cats meals as I don't believe cats are grazers so this works really well if you are a regular meal feeder.

dementedma Tue 16-Apr-13 22:39:38

Our new cat has had two collars so far. Lost one and shredded the other. Think he's trying to tell me something!

sashh Wed 17-Apr-13 06:17:05

You can actually get flashing collars.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 17-Apr-13 13:36:48

The only thing I don't like about flashing collars is that if the cat is trying to hide from predators or evil people they can't with a flashing light on them.

I keep mine in at night too, locked in the conservatory for extra mean cat owner points.

Sparklingbrook Wed 17-Apr-13 13:39:07

Sparkling Cat got through 4 in a week so we gave up. sad She is microchipped which puts my mind at rest a bit. Cats without collars look like strays don't they?

cozietoesie Wed 17-Apr-13 13:43:43

I don't think so myself, Sparkling. A stray is pretty easy to spot from their general look/condition and now that people use chips, I personally don;t think anything of it.

Sparklingbrook Wed 17-Apr-13 13:47:26

That's reassuring cozie and no, she doesn't look like a stray as she's a bit overweight . I would love her to wear one though.

cozietoesie Wed 17-Apr-13 13:49:08

I've had a long line of cats who all seem to think that a collar is the introduction to a prolonged torture session or something. I gave up years ago.

Sparklingbrook Wed 17-Apr-13 13:51:15

I had gone to Pets at Home and had a fish shaped disc costing ££££s engraved with our phone number, and bought the prettiest collar I could find. It took about an hour for her to come back without it. sad

cozietoesie Wed 17-Apr-13 13:56:56

With her colouring, she'd look great with a collar, I must confess. Why not get a nice piece of diamond bling, put it on, take a photo ....... and then give up!

smile

Sparklingbrook Wed 17-Apr-13 13:58:44

Ooh yes cozie and a tiara. grin

cozietoesie Wed 17-Apr-13 14:01:55

grin

(Well she is gorgeous.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now